ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:00 am 

I'm so ready for college football. Here are my top two pick to win their division

ACC: 1. VaTech 2. BC
Big 12: 1. OU 2. OSU
Big East: Really, who cares?
Pac 10: 1. USC 2. Oregon
SEC: 1. Florida 2. LSU Alabama
Big 10: 1. Penn State 2. Ohio State

My sleeper team this year is Ol' Miss

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:11 am 

Well I am biased...being an OSU fan and all...so I DEF picking them over Penn State. This will be their year if they beat PSU/ USC.

My surprise SEC team- Georgia. I hope they whomp on Florida.

Why does the Big East get a BCS berth? Seriously...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:40 pm 

Same reason Notre Dame only has to be bowl eligible.

Actually, they used to have some good historical teams. Now, not so much. Most of the good teams ended up in the ACC.

I like your Georgia pick.

FWIW, I know OU and OSU can't end up as No#1 and 2 in the Big 12. The Big 12 North is going to be weak this year so if OU doesn't win it, I'm going with OSU.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:08 am 

Hmm...did Texas Tech lose their star quarterback from last year? Michael Crabtree...yea...but not sure about the rest of the team since I am a Big 10 guy. I'd have to root for them in Big 12 south...and your right, the north just seems to have sucked these past couple of years, with Mizz being completely and utterly overrated. They beat up on plenty of the north teams, but the south always whoops them.

WV looked like they might be the USC of the Big East...but then stupid coach went to Michigan, and then the team drifted back to mediocrity. Bad move Rich. Teaching Mich spread offense is like teaching the middle east democracy. They just aren't ready for it. I know Big 10 smashmouth football is no longer what it used to be, but they still churn out a lot of pro football players, and theirs are good. Look at Florida/USC, etc, spread offense teams draft picks. The only good offensive player (and I use that term loosely) that I can think of is Carson Palmer. We'll see how Sanchez get obliterated as the Jets...

So what do you think of everyone's gripes about Boise State, Utah, BYU, etc. being unrepresented? Especially after Utah's annihilation of Alabama?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:01 pm 

I can't believe that the SEC's Newest Powerhouse is not even mentioned by the two of you. UK.... Three Straight Bowl game Wins isn't good enough... Sheesh...

Go Cats...

Yes, I know Toilet Bowl Wins, but hey, it's definetely an improvement over years past..

Cliff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:09 pm 

I'm actually a big Boise State and Fresno State fan. BYU is one of the most overated teams of all time. Without getting into the whole playoff debate, I am 100% supportive of the concept of if you win your conference, you should get to compete for a National Championship. EVERY sport in the NCAA is that way except football.

UK had one of my all time favorite college football quarterbacks with Jared "The Round Mound of Touchdown" Lorenzen. How can you not love a 300 lb. quarterback?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:16 pm 

I don't know why, but I have this strange feeling the ACC is gonna rebound this year and have one of their teams in the national title game. I'm thinking Florida State or one of the Virginia's. The ACC was a lot stronger last year than ppl gave them credit for. The problem was there was no powerhouse. I'd like to see an ACC finish up there. Anyone but SEC would be nice.

I remember same year as LSU went to title game, I loved UK. I still say the UK/LSU game that season was probably top 3 college footballs games I've ever watched. While we're on football...how bout some pro predictions as well? My prediction-

three sleeper teams to watch- Chicago, Miami and Houston. I think they'll all three do some damage this year.

And the NFC owns this year :wink: Cards cards cards! Hehe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:21 pm 

And after the first weekend of play...any surprises?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:10 am 

Not suprises but defintitely a few things to raise some eyebrows about -

OU is in trouble with the number of injuries it has.
OSU looks pretty dang good - better than I expected.
Oregon State just looked bad.
Washington is going to bounce back this year. They were competitive against LSU.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:01 pm 

I am assuming by OSU you mean Oklahoma State. I am from Ohio. OSU refers to Ohio State round here, and while they were playing a tougher team than they usually play their first game (Ohio State normally is matched up against no names like Youngstown State or Akron), they looked terrible against Navy. We'll see how they respond to USC next week.

But yea...Oklahoma State looked pretty good. I a bigtime SEC hater, so I'll go with BIG 12 over them anyday of the week.

Everyone was expecting Notre Dame to be better this year...but I was quite surprised with Michigan's performance. They looked leaps and bounds better than last year. Perhaps they'll return the Big 10 to contenders if Ohio State loses to USC this upcoming week (which they're gonna).

Can Cincinnati save the Big East?

I was also surprised with Boise over Oregon. I was not surprised with BYU over Oklahoma. I am sick of all the Ohio State haters hating on us cause we've choked a lot lately but not applying the same label to Ok. They've choked more than we have. But I am rooting for anyone over the SEC.

I was surprised with how bout the ACC looked. They were supposed to be a lot better this year, and hope Georgia Tech or FSU can be their powerhouse team they desperately need.

Anyone but SEC winning title game!!! :mad:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:25 am 

Wow. I really suck at this. I didn't get one right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:06 pm 

That championship game was crap. Even with McCoy going out and the freshman coming in, Texas's recievers couldn't catch even well thrown balls by the freshman until the fourth quarter. I am just happy Ohio State and Iowa won the Big 10's BCS bowls :green:. Was a good bowl season for the Big 10!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:43 pm 
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

The receivers and Gilbert certainly lacked chemistry/timing early. Sad game. Alabama was not impressive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:15 pm 

bump

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:26 pm 

My picks-

Big ten- 1. OSU 2. Iowa
Big East- WV only one with winning record? LOL
ACC- Atlantic- FSU Costal- Georgia Tech
Pac 10- Upset pick- Stanford
Big 12- North- Neb, South- Oklahoma
Sec- Upset picks- West Arkansas, East South Carolina