ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bushes
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:20 am 
former lurker

by: Deleted
The blow of the "Bushes" was softened by the charisma of William Jefferson Clinton, briefly, though the Industrial-Military-Complex was still on the march promoting war, profiteering and deregulation of the financial industry to unprecedented levels in spite of warnings that history provided. The transfer of the economy to the top one-percent was escalating at nearly unstoppable speed. All the while, Americans had become complacent and continued to trust that government would, in the end, come to their aid. Over the years since Reagan, Unions had been sold as evil and counter-productive to the economy. Safety in the work place became substandard as the average worker worked longer and harder hours to maintain a secure and stable life-style. A new phenomenon appeared as somewhat of a bewilderment to most, at the time... the presence of a growing "homeless" sector appeared in our society. "Why" wasn't apparent! We couldn't see that if the wealthy remained the top 1%, and the middle-class was diminishing... poverty had to be flourishing! The American way of life had transformed. Things that made us what we were, were disappearing or being stifled and rebranded as counter-productive to our economy. War became acceptable as a sadly necessary part of our culture and the times we live in! International Treaties were deemed inapplicable to the United States government. It seemed that almost out of nowhere America was grabbing people and shuffling them off to clandestine locations, torturing them and defying international law. The government didn't need warrants to wiretap and spy on its people. Privacy was unimportant. Americans, like the enemy, could be locked up without "habeas corpus" in the process, and for indeterminate lengths of time with no legal representation. Two-percent (2%) of the population would, over the course of each year, be incarcerated. Doctors were being assassinated for carrying out legal procedures. Civil rights were first being given to citizens and then taken away in backlashes of the Religious far-right interfering with government and the law. Government mandated that citizens must buy a poor quality product from unethical businesses under the threat of penalties, with no acceptable, reasonable product offered under that law (health insurance). Federal authorities intervened in legal conflict with State laws, arresting people for things that their State had deemed legal (medical marijuana)! Maybe worst of all, no one will take responsibility for the environment of our Planet and the destructive effect we are so obviously having on it. This has all culminated into the financial melt-down of 2009, and still the people struggle for justice and for the government to come to their aid, but it falls on deaf ears that have been silenced by financial reward from lobbying (bribery) by the Military-Industrial-Complex that silently has instituted a coup on the United States Congress, stripping the people of their representation in the Federal governing system. Half measures that appease the people and sustain the power of the top 1%, yet really change nothing, are all we can get out of them.

It's amazing that it seems that no one any longer understands that without the workers there is no business. Jobs outsourced mean less work for Americans. Poor people pay little tax, some none, so revenue diminishes. A small middle-class of workers who can only afford the basics doesn't support a strong economic standard for a diverse business structure. Massive numbers of unhealthy employees do not provide a strong growth-oriented workforce. The more that people must concentrate on pure survival level of existence, the less charitable and able they are to think of, and help the less fortunate. All of these conditions are molding the way for "revolutionary" thinking and chaos. And sadly, the current brands of revolutionaries are not a good thing. They are narrow-minded, self-centered, prejudiced, and radical in ideology. Most support a far-right ideology. They are armed and organized and do not represent the best interests of the majority in society, but they do exist and are becoming more visible by the day. Still we have no leadership that can take up the cause of the Democracy that we once were. I guess they all fear that the financial power of the elitist 1% and their Industrial- Military-Complex, will take away their privilege and lavish life style that politicians have come to enjoy and expect. Most of them are, I suppose... THE Industrial-Military-Complex! Those who do not learn from the experience of history are doomed to repeat it. Do you think that the Romans ever thought that their dynasty would fall? What happened to the great British Empire? Are we doomed to become another 3rd World nation? Are we doomed to evolving into another Russia?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:58 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:05 pm 
In Memoriam: TimD
In Memoriam: TimD

I thought seriously of deleting it entirely, but the lounge is a catch all, so moved it over here. It isn't blatant spam, and I took the link out.
Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:01 pm 
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

It's incoherent. Are you certain it's not basically a series of keywords to try to manipulate search engines for whatever the link was?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:30 pm 

Part of the reason it doesn't make sense is that it's the middle of a longer article.
http://ezinearticles.com/?Campaign-Fina ... id=4134879

Even still, it doesn't make much sense anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:46 pm 
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Yeah that doesn't help much - ugh don't reward it with a link

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:16 pm 

I mostly skimmed through but have to agree that outsourcing stinks. In fact, I think people underestimate how much of a factor it was for this crappy economy right now. Businesses didn't think ahead when they first thought of that idea. Manufacturing and a large portion of call center jobs are just gone, which leads to higher unemployment and less people to spend their money on crap. That means there is a lot less people to buy these businesses who are outsourcing their jobs items...and make their mortage payments.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:02 pm 
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Something just repelled me from reading it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:37 pm 

I have a hard time with any paragraph longer than about 5 lines of text. And single-return doesn't help, cause it still leaves you with unbroken text.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:54 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I skimmed it. It's true for the most part and I do mostly agree. However it was a bit hyperbolic and sensationalist. I've seen much better. Learning to construct a paragraph would also be helpful.

I also don't see why people feel the need to drop such posts on forums. But ok whatever. As long as it's just one and there's no spam link.