ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:21 pm 
former lurker

Hello everyone,

I've been reverting back to this site for years, but this is my first time posting on the site.
My hopes are to meet like minded people as well as to reignite my motivation to exercise and maintain a healthy living.

Everyone can call me Jamin, I am 25yrs of age, Male and living in Florida.

Backstory:
In terms of my exposure to exercise and nutrition, I spent 6 years playing with an American Football team based in London, England. Many of my coaches were qualified positional coaches or personal trainers and worked very closely with me to develop my knowledge and fitness level.
I later went on to study Sports Management and Nutrition while in London while working with a GNC partner, Holland & Barretts before moving back to Florida.

Years later, I am no longer apart of a sports team, no longer maintaining the lifestyle that I still hold in high regard and currently still have numerous chronic injuries as well as battling low self esteem/depression from time to time.

All in all, I am in a good state, but have always wanted to recapture the productive and healthy state I was in earlier in my life.

The reason I am so willing to be open with this information is the same reason that I have decided to join/speak on this forum, I've decided that my case is still salvageable. I've made the mental gear change a while back now, but have yet to address my passion for competition, fitness and nutrition.

Hopefully, I will come across like minded individuals that I can become friends with as I am normally the social butterfly, though that has changed since moving. I also look forward to sharing thoughts as well as motivating and being motivated (typically, I am the motivator and encouraging type. One more thing I hope to recapture.)

I look forward to speaking with several of you and taking part in some of the discussions.

Jamin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:16 am 
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Welcome. You're only 25, I reckon you're still salvageable. :smile:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:23 am 

Look for other ways to compete. You may need to heal up some, but you can still find avenues. Powerlifting, oly lifting, highland games, crossfit (I can't believe I'm saying this), triathalons, etc.