ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:03 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

No, steroids give you increased recovery ability. They also make the tears heal faster.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:49 pm 

Out of all of these side effects on here which ones are true and which ones are either overhyped / not proven.

Premature death - (side effect??)
Cancer (all types)
Liver damage
Kidney damage
Prostate damage
Enlarged clitoris
Shrunken testicles
Extreme acne
Addiction
Psychosis
Impotence
Infertility
Baldness
Irritability
Aggressiveness
Depression
Mood swings
Reduced sperm count
Pain/difficulty urinating
Uncontrollable anger/rage
increased susceptibility to injuries
Increased susceptibility to infections
Premature closure of growth plates (adolescents)
HIV/AIDS from the sharing of needles (no, side effect of being an idiot)
Menstrual irregularity/cessation
Breast enlargement (males)
Breast reduction (females)
Increase in male characteristics (females)
Heart and circulatory problems

http://www.athletesagainststeroids.org/ ... ects.shtml

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:24 am 
Powerlifting Ninja
Powerlifting Ninja

Quote:
ironmaiden708 wrote:
Out of all of these side effects on here which ones are true and which ones are either overhyped / not proven.

Quote:
Quote:
Premature death - (side effect??)

Lie

Quote:
Cancer (all types)

Lie

Quote:
Liver damage

Can be hard on the liver dependent on which one you use, how long you t
take it, and what dosage you take.

Quote:
Kidney damage
Prostate damage

Lie

Quote:
Enlarged clitoris

Not sure

Quote:
Shrunken testicles

In my 10 years of taking them, I had this happen. Nor did anyone I know have it happen to them.

Quote:
Extreme acne

They can cause an increase in acne but I would not classify it as extreme.

Quote:
Addiction
Psychosis

Lie. Anyone taking steriods who is psychotic was psychotic before they started taking the.

Quote:
Impotence

Quite the opposite, you sex drive goes up.

Quote:
Infertility

Lie

Quote:
Baldness

Some of them cause hair loss.

Quote:
Irritability
Aggressiveness

They can cause some aggression.

Quote:
Depression

If any thing are create a sense of well being.

Quote:
Mood swings

Not that I ever saw.

Quote:
Reduced sperm count

Can't say. But many a guy on them had kids. So, if it was low, it wasn't that low.

Quote:
Pain/difficulty urinating

Lie

Quote:
Uncontrollable anger/rage

If you had uncontrollable anger/rage problem before taking them, you still have the same problem when taking them...no more, no less.

Quote:
increased susceptibility to injuries

Only in regard to tendons and ligaments. Muscle strength increases much faster than tendons/ligaments. So, thta MAY be a problem. But I never experience it, saw it, or heard about it.

Quote:
Increased susceptibility to infections

Possibly, but not that much more.

Quote:
Premature closure of growth plates (adolescents)

NO kid should be taking them. I am not sure.

Quote:
HIV/AIDS from the sharing of needles (no, side effect of being an idiot)

Idiot is right.

Quote:
Menstrual irregularity/cessation

Probably. But that is dependent on the anabolic. Women need to be more selective in the anabolics they take. Also, dosage and cycle lenght come into paly.

Quote:
Breast enlargement (males)

Gyconamastia/Bitch Tits...I had a friend who did experience this problem. So, there is a minute chance of this.

Quote:
Breast reduction (females)
Increase in male characteristics (females)

This could occur. I know two women who took anabolics. They NEVER experienced these problems. Probably because they were selective in what they took.

Certain anabolics are going to be more androgenic...produce more male characteristics. So, women need to be espeically selective in the ones they take.

Quote:
Heart and circulatory problems

Again, it depends on dosage, cycle length and which ones you take. Along with that is genetics.

Drinking too much water, hyponatramia, will kill you. As Forest Gump said, "Stupid is as stupid does."

Quote:
http://www.athletesagainststeroids.org/pgs/sideeffects.shtml

This site is diven by emotion, not logic or science. It perpetuates lies and spews out misinformation as a means of coverting other over to their side through fear.

There are risk with any medication, even anabolic steriods. This isn't a substance to be taken like a "One A Day" vitamin.

They are powerful hormones that when used properly can enhance life and when used improverly can be quite destructive.

That can be said about cars as well. In fact, cars have killed and maimed a greater number of people, a GREATER PERCENTAGE of people than steriods ever have or will.

Maybe cars should be banned.

Don't believe you read or what someone says. Hold them accountable. Make them prove it. Meke them provide you with references from scientific journals.

Just because you read it on the internet, doen't make it so.

Kenny Croxdale

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:31 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Just wanted to expand on some of the answers.

Enlarged clitoris - Yes many of them will do that. This is an androgenic side effect. The risk of androgenic sides in the profile of the steroid is something women should look at. I do know that var and low doses of deca or other nandralones don't cause that. Testosterone is probably the worst one women could take as far as androgenic sides.

Shrunken testicles - yes, but it is temporary and they don't shrink that much.

acne - You do get quite a lot of acne, but I wouldn't call it extreme.

impotence - If you take test, you get hard more. If you did something stupid like take other steroids that shut you down without test that can happen. Tren can do this sometimes even with test. Many people need cabergoline to counteract the increased prolactin. It is all temporary and there are ways to get around it. Anorgasmia and lactation are other possible prolactin related sides. The cure for that is also cabergoline. Cabergoline is a dopamine agonist with affinity for the D2 receptor. The increased dopamine at the D2 receptor increases that receptors inhibitory effect on prolactin production. It is also effective in post cycle therapy because prolactin inhibition will increase natural testosterone production.

reduced sperm count - it is temporary and mild. If you can't conceive just wait until the cycle is over. Don't count on it for birth control, it probably isn't going to work.

increased susceptibility to injuries - This is a real risk for people without a good foundation. This is why you should train natural for a while before using steroids. Steroids are not for beginners.

Gynecomastia is something that some people are prone too. If you are, you should use an armatase inhibitor. That will prevent bitch tits and other estrogen related sides.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:28 pm 

Quote:
Just because you read it on the internet, doen't make it so.
I wasn't being gullible and reading this and thinking all of them were true. I wanted to post that list to show the common things that anti steroids people use as propaganda. I wanted to know which ones had truth to them and which ones didn't.

Quote:
Addiction
That can occur while on steroids but that's because of muscle dysmorphia.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7