ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:59 am 
Powerlifting Ninja
Powerlifting Ninja

Quote:
ironmaiden708 wrote:
Quote:
A few years ago, the NCAA's policies included that NO university would be allowed to provide creatine and protein to their athletes.
I have no other way to say this, that is just retarded. Your not doing anything by not providing them with protein and creatine. No team will get prevented from winning a game or winning a superbowl by not taking protein. Same with creatine. Chances are you have a great sprinter no matter if they are on creatine or not so it is insignificant banning those products.

Winning is all about luck. As one football coacch once said, "The team Luck enough to have the best plays, wins."

Quote:
Also they plainly have no solid reason to ban it, no data, just a bunch of irrational speculations.

The essance of the NCAA's rule was to "Level The Playing Field" with universities and colleges. The NCAA intentent was honoralble but as you stated "stupid."

Kenny Croxdale

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:02 am 

NFL is where its at david boston used hgh and got huge!!! I don't even use supplements yet when is it time to use them anyone have any ideas?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:06 am 
Powerlifting Ninja
Powerlifting Ninja

Quote:
Ironman wrote:
Steroids are not illegal. They are a schedule 3 controlled substance.

I got a chuck out of that...good point.

Quote:
They are not as tightly controlled schedule 2, which includes drugs like narcotic pain killers and amphetamines like the methylphenidate I take for ADD. The schedule 3 is still fairly tightly controlled though. It's not like 4 and 5 where nobody really cares.

I have a question. Do you know anyting about Adderall?

I had a Physician's Assiatant student come into where I work. He has a family, job and is going to school. I ask him how he did all that.

He said his physician prescribed Adderall as a "pep pill" for times when he absolute had to get things done.

Kenny Croxdale

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:08 pm 
n00b
n00b

This question might be too vague to answer but I might as well give it a shot.

Is there any difference between steroids and a testosterone booster, the ones that can be bought at the local health store?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 2:25 pm 
In Memoriam: TimD
In Memoriam: TimD

Are you talking about the pro-hormones they used to sell? Might still be, I thought they were gone too. The andro's and Norandro's. Kenny can better answer this as he's in the business,. From what I've read, DHEA is a precursor to test, as is androsteindione (help me w/spelling Kenny), and the nor andro's are precursor's to nandralone. They supply the (or are supposed to) provide the raw material to be converted into those hormones (test and nandralone).From verything I've heard, it just doesn't give enough at the recommended doseage to really do that much for you; you might get a couple of spikes, but no long term effects, and could get the associated acne, etc. I keep hearing about them regularly, but haven't heard of any major positive benefits from it other than when Mark MacGwuire came and and said he was using andro, and I think we all have different opinions on that now. I take DHEA myself, but for totally different reasons. I'm well over 45, and my natural levels are probably in the dirt, and I've found it helps with sleep, and a general overall feeling of well being (maybe placebo), but nothing associated with size or strength gains.
Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 3:08 pm 
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

"They're legal in Mexico and Thailand... Apparently, in Thailand anyway, steroids can be found in any pharmacy, right next to the hemroid cream." - KPj

Wow ... I wasn't aware that juicing caused hemroids, although it does give "Roid Rage" a whole new meaning. :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 4:04 pm 

Quote:

I had a Physician's Assiatant student come into where I work. He has a family, job and is going to school. I ask him how he did all that.

He said his physician prescribed Adderall as a "pep pill" for times when he absolute had to get things done.

Another one of your ADD ADHD drugs. Keeps you focused. Popular among some college students during exam times.

http://pediatrics.about.com/cs/adhd/a/msp_adderall.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 5:33 pm 
Powerlifting Ninja
Powerlifting Ninja

Quote:
Kenny can better answer this as he's in the business

I am sell fitness equipment.

I know nothing about the prohormones.

Tim, you know MUCH more on this than I do.

Kenny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:34 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Kenny Croxdale wrote:
Quote:
Ironman wrote:
Steroids are not illegal. They are a schedule 3 controlled substance.

I got a chuck out of that...good point.

Quote:
They are not as tightly controlled schedule 2, which includes drugs like narcotic pain killers and amphetamines like the methylphenidate I take for ADD. The schedule 3 is still fairly tightly controlled though. It's not like 4 and 5 where nobody really cares.

Kenny Croxdale

Yea, Adderall is another ADD drug. It is a mix of different amphetimines. It is also a schedule 2 controlled substance. It has a lot more potential risks for people who don't have ADD. They are going to have receptors that could become overstimulated much more than someone who has ADD and actually needs it to function more normally.

Adderall is usually a littler harsher than methylphenidate (ritilan/concerta).
Some people really respond better to it though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 6:47 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

flair wrote:
This question might be too vague to answer but I might as well give it a shot.

Is there any difference between steroids and a testosterone booster, the ones that can be bought at the local health store?

Steroids are hormones that are external to your body, that you then put in your body. They include testosterone and other substances that are made of testosterone molecules that have been modified in some way. They actually tend to shut down natural production temporarily.

Natural testosterone boosters you get from supplement shops are just things that make you produce more testosterone. Like Tribulis for example. Biotest tribulis gold is pretty good.

Prohoromones are things that convert to another horomone when inyour body. So they are external like steroids rather than something like trib that makes you produce a little more. But they don't do anything in the form you take them in. They have to react with other things in the body to become another hormone.

That is why by definition, superdrol is a steroid. Even though it is still legal right now. It does tend to get pulled off the market when it pops up though. But the same substance gets released again under other names. I am sure the substance itself will eventually be banned though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:00 pm 

This topic should be added to the vault, good stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 5:15 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'll move it after it dies off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:45 am 
n00b
n00b

I must admit that taking steroids is very interesting and appealing but I have no desire at this moment to take it. I think the problem associated with steroids are the myths and preconceived ideas associated with it. Is it for everyone? Nope and I am an example. Will it benefit people? I guess some people could benefit from it and become healthier as a result. The real problem, and this is magnified because of the media, is the abuse of steroids.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 7:33 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yea, that is the problem. A lot of stupid people doing stupid things. Some people just start taking drugs willy nilly. That tends to cause problems.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:09 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Pardon me if this was already discussed, as I didn't read the six previous pages. I'll redirect the topic slightly from the ethics of steroids to the science of steroids.

When you normally exercise to failure, your muscles tissues tear. So if you take steroids and perform better than normally, won't you go beyond tearing and therefore help you improve the next time w/o steroids? Won't it be like exercising beyond your norm but without the need of a spotter?

Or does steroids temporarily toughen your muscle fibres so they don't tear?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next