ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:54 pm 
my chest is not growing at all.i do bunch of excersises and its not moving. i do incline dumbel press decline and flat.i do other excersises as well.im 190 pounds about 6'3''. ive been using isopure mass but no changes.if anybody can give me affective workout or tell me what to do it would be helpfull.thanx.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:32 am 
Novice
Novice

From what you said, it sounds like you are fairly thin. The most important thing you can do is EAT. You should have 5 or 6 meals a day. Since it sounds like you are thin, they don't need to be small. Don't eat junk food, but go ahead and eat some simple carbs, get your calories up there. Try getting 200 or so grams of protein a day. Have a whey protein shake before and after training. Don't do cardio on a weight lifting day, and keep it to a minimum.

Make sure you don't overtrain. Try doing just 2 sets of flat bench and 2 sets of incline bench, go heavy for 6 to 8 reps. Use both barbells and dumbbells. Use one for a while then switch to the other for a while. I think it is good to switch it up fairly often. Make sure your anterior deltoid and tricep training is not interfering. If you do them on the same day great, if you don't make sure it is AFTER your chest. Make sure you have preportional size and strength in the ant delts and triceps. Do longer rest so you can lift more weight too. Keep the intensity high.

You can also try this superset trick for a few weeks. Do a heavy set of dumbbell flies for 6-8 and then immedietly do a barbell bench, load just a little lighter then usual. Do 2 of these, then regular incline bench (db or bar). Then switch it up the next week and do regular flat and then superset the inclines. Go to failure on this for sure and remember, this is not for extended use.

One more thing. Stick with DB and bar, and beware suppliments. Most of them smell like BS to me. Did I mention you need to eat?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 8:40 pm 
thanx.i think ive been overtraining my chest i ususlay do like 6 or 7 different excersises.i usualy stick to the incline and flat dumbell presses some sitting push presses and bunch of machines for chest. im pretty strong i think when i do the dumbell presses i usualy use dumbells that are 100 lbs each. i dont know if i shpuld be doing any drop sets that might help to. and im trying to satay away from all that $h!7 with suplements. im trying to build up naturaly.and honestly i dont think i eat a lot i do like 4 meals a day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:22 am 
Novice
Novice

Yea you have been overdoing it for sure. Eating more is probably the best thing you you can do. Drop sets are a good thing. You can do them kind of the same way I mentioned with the supersets. Do a barbell Bench and then drop with a light dumbbell bench. Alternate between the flat and the inclines. It works great for a short period of time if you keep the intensity up. You are probably used to holding back with the high volume routine you do. Go totally balls out and heavy the whole time with this low volume stuff.

Another good thing that works for a while is pyramids. Since they are a little higher volume you should hold off on them untill you have done everything else we talked about.

I remember the last time I did drop sets for chest, it helped my pecs, but I think it helped my triceps even more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:51 am 
hey man uve been great help. ill try this out and hopefully by sommer ill be set.my chest is the only problem the rest is fine. i dont wanna look huge im not into that that much. but thanx again ill keep in touch.

Post subject: Kevin
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:18 am 
DELETED

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]