ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:47 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:13 pm 
former lurker

i consider myself a fairly experienced lifter. I have been lifting for five years now although not always religiously. In that I have been liftin for four out of the five years total. I am interested in gaining size and being athletic and mobile. I have become very interested in Olympic lifts because they seem to be challenging and fun. Never had much experience and wanted some ideas for places to get good info on teaching progressions for the lifts. I am also curious about training splits and periodization focused on movements as opposed to body part splits. Thank you very much for your input.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 11:39 pm 
In Memoriam: TimD
In Memoriam: TimD

Hi Tabor. Undfortunately, I'm not really sure what you are asking for. If you mean info on full body, motion based routines rather than body part routine schedules, then crossfit and dragon door sites can't be beat. (www.dragondoor.com and www.crossfit.com). They both use a lot of O lifting variats. If you need info on actually doing the O lifts, then go to www.lifttilyadie.com. (check the spelling though). They have links to all the best O lifting sites on the web.
It all really just depends on your outlook on things. If you really aren't all that interested in focusing in on a bodybuilding type of thing, i.e. physique specialization, but rather are into sports movements , then go with the full body, general fitness thing. If you are more into the physique thing, go with the bodypart thing. You'll get both with either in the long run, but you just have to determine which goal is the dominant for your short term.
Good training to you.
Tim

Post subject: Tristan
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:29 am 
DELETED

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]