ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 11:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:23 pm 
i need some good supersets for chest. something that will get my chest out there. i need to bulid it up for summer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:43 am 
In Memoriam: TimD
In Memoriam: TimD

You could always do a site search here at this site and come up with good ideas. Right off the top though, I can give you a couple of standbys. One tried and true method is pre-exhaustion. That is to take a more isolation taype of move first, then immediately go to a more compound move. One example would be to perform a set of flyes to just about failure (with DB's) for around 10-12 reps, then immediately start doing DB benches and rep out with it. You could add variety by doing the flyes on an incline, then jump over to a flat bench for the DB benches. Another way, which isn't reallya true superset, would be to get on an adjustable bench, and start doing DB or BB inclines, lower the bench a notch or two and repeat at the lower angle, then lower the angle again for 3 or more rounds or this. Another method I've seen is opposite that of pre-exhaustion, and some call it waving. Take a BB and work up to a heavy set of 5 or 6 reps, , then follow it immediately with lighter DB's and rep out. Angles of the bench can be adjust for variety purposes My favorite type of supersets, though, don't focus on one bodypart however. I much prefer supersetting antagonis movements, say bench and row, Incline bench and pullup, which hit the entire upper body quite hard. Many different things you can do. Imaginition is your only limiting factor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:59 pm 
Novice
Novice

I like almost failure in 8 with flys and then immediate bb bench loaded a little lighter then normal. Superset flat or decline one week, then the next week do it with inclines instead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:09 am 
n00b
n00b

try press-ups or bech press superset with cable cross-over flye. this won't make you massive as you wont be able to lift anywhere near the weight you need to grow by supersetting. but it will give you a good pump.

Post subject: charles
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:20 am 
DELETED

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]