ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:45 am 
7 weeks ago, I broke my left humerus. I do have an appointment next week with my doctor to check xrays and stuuf. The muscle tone in my shoulder has diminished and my arm and shoulder are thin.

What should I do to be normal again?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:04 am 
In Memoriam: TimD
In Memoriam: TimD

Well, you're going back for an appointment with the Doc to check things out. Get a thorough evaluation, and then he can suggest a rehab program, or at least recommend a good phys therapist. Go with the rehab type program they recommend, and then when feeling fairly good with the broken arm, get back to a normal program.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:55 am 
Dude, I can't tell you exactly what exercises to do but I can tell you from experience that you better do something with the muscles in that arm. When I was a kid, I broke my forearm near the wrist and the doc told me to squeeze a tennis ball or something every day to keep the arm strengthened. I was like yeah yeah whatever dude. Well cut to me getting my cast off a few weeks later...After the girl takes off my cast, my arm like floats upwards and I start getting sick and my arm looks like it's 90 years old. Moral of the story: Listen to the doctor.

Post subject: garcia
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:01 am 
DELETED

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]