ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 3:05 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

I have a PFT(Personal Fitness Test) tomorrow morning at 8:30am. I was planning to get up at 6am and having some water/creatine and toast. At about an hour prior, I was going to also take some energy pills in order to help me perform better. I was also considering taking "excedrin with caffeine" pills to relieve the pain from running before it starts, and help me get that extra edge. Any recommendations as to what else I should do before, or the night before?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:44 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

SLEEP!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:33 pm 
How about this. You'll drink too much water, get it retained but later will tend to restroom too much. Or, you'll take the `energy' pill (of which the energy is just sugar and all vitamin stuff is good so long as it is taken regularly and with food), but you'll take it too early and so will get crash from sugar and stimulants, right when its time to perform. I end up having migrane exedrin (same as the one wiht caffeine) about once a month, and once in a while end up with an awesome irritation. But lets suppose you'll barely make it from the toilet, happy but dehydrated. The bad part is you've lost your focus, and with it goes your performance.

Did you do any of your `routine' before, or did you just cook up all the gossips on the internet? If so then yes, Dian got all right :)
Get a good sleep. Too late, but I find I often get anxious before the `big days' (does not have to be athletic), and so I actually try to get good sleep at least two nights before - that also prevents me from oversleeping the last night. Whatever you do that morning - keep it moderate. Say dont gulp down half a gallon of water ;-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:46 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Actually Monday I simulated everything I would be wearing and taking, except the Excedrin. I timed how long it was until I felt the effects of everything to kick in, etc. I will be trying to sleep 8-9hours for sure! I just dont want to fall a few seconds short on my run when something could have helped me, you know?

How about breakfast, is a couple pieces of toast, and maybe a fruit good enough with 2 hours to digest?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:30 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

yeah.. I think a little breakfast would be good too.

just...don't go for the 3 egg omelet, corned beef hash, slab of ham, waffles and 6 bacon.

you'll be FINE!

harness that nervous energy!

good luck!

dian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:53 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Thanks =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:37 pm 
How did it go?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:03 am 
Rookie
Rookie

yeah..inquiring minds wanna know!??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:49 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Turns out I couldn't even run it because I need a paper signed by a physician first, so I had to reschedule LOL. It was horrible I was so pumped that morning and night, I couldn't sleep. I will let you know when I do run it though! Thanks for the help all!

Post subject: Isabella
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:37 am 
DELETED

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]