ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: 18 Days?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:18 am 
I read an article somewhere where someone claimed that he worksout each body part only once every 18 days and gets better results. Anyone ever heard of such a thing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:22 am 
no

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:34 am 
In Memoriam: TimD
In Memoriam: TimD

I didn't see the article, but have seen it discussed in other forums. A couple of thoughts though. It is a spin off of a very strict HIT stylke of routine ( very High Intensity for each bodypart), and it allows a great deal of time for recuperation. The split is usually a bodypart every 4 or so days apart. Well, IMHO, this may be useful for a very advanced bodybuilder that has built up to the point they can generate that much intensity, but I certainly wouldn't recommend it for a beginner/intermediate, and then only for those whose goals are simply to build a physque. For general fitness, recreational bodybuilding or sports training, I think you're much better off with more frequent applications. Lots of explanations of various styles in the weight training section.
Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:00 pm 
TimD wrote:
I didn't see the article, but have seen it discussed in other forums. A couple of thoughts though. It is a spin off of a very strict HIT stylke of routine ( very High Intensity for each bodypart), and it allows a great deal of time for recuperation. The split is usually a bodypart every 4 or so days apart. Well, IMHO, this may be useful for a very advanced bodybuilder that has built up to the point they can generate that much intensity, but I certainly wouldn't recommend it for a beginner/intermediate, and then only for those whose goals are simply to build a physque. For general fitness, recreational bodybuilding or sports training, I think you're much better off with more frequent applications. Lots of explanations of various styles in the weight training section.
Tim

that sounds logical, i will reframe from doing it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 11:30 am 

refrain

Post subject: hill
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:44 am 
DELETED

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]