ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:56 am 
In Memoriam: TimD
In Memoriam: TimD

I was just rereading this thread, and I while I usually won't repeat another person's ideas, I do want to mention a time from the past. I don't think anyone here but Stephen remembers the old Charles Atlas courses. LOL, I paid 20 bucks back in 1960 and bought all of them. It was all bodyweight and isometric stuff. Heck, I didn't know any better back then and did the course, along with weights. I was already into the playground monkeybars, so it went together fine. I would even today recommend someone starting out to break in with bodyweight (where applicable-most people today have a hard time with dips, chins, handstand pushups), and progress into weights.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:07 pm 
Exalted Seer
Exalted Seer

TimD wrote:
I was just rereading this thread, and I while I usually won't repeat another person's ideas, I do want to mention a time from the past. I don't think anyone here but Stephen remembers the old Charles Atlas courses. LOL, I paid 20 bucks back in 1960 and bought all of them.

You can still do it, although the cost went up to 50 bucks. ;-)

Post subject: Eduardo
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:51 am 
DELETED

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3