ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:11 pm 
Novice
Novice

I just found this site thanks to a link in a thread here and checked this guys site out. He sounds credable and some of his articles were really impressive. Anyway he's got this new nutrition "system" thingy for $147 and I was wondering if any of you had an opinion about the man or the likelihood of his system being worth the scratch?

The offering:
http://www.precisionnutrition.com/system.html
The Man:
http://www.johnberardi.com/index.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 10:01 pm 
I wouldn't pay that much for anything. You can try a low glycemic type thing, or you could try some type of low carb. It depends on what you like to eat and which type of program you can stick with. My training routine is very similer to yours and I have had lots of luck with low carb. It has helped me drop lots of fat and eliminated some health problems I had. Either one works, just figure out what you like to eat. If you decide on a catagory we can get more specific. Worst case, you might need a paperback book. That's a savings of $140 or so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:22 pm 
In Memoriam: TimD
In Memoriam: TimD

Hi. OK, rather than the -previous poster,l I'll try and answer your question. As to Berardi, well, yes, I have a high opinion of his writings. From what i can tell, so do most others. His dietary take is based on common sense and science. That said, the person that laid the guidelines for this site's nutrition info, Dr. Eric Serrano, lays out a very similar, if not same philosophy, and you have a free ton of info there, along the same lines.
Now , to the question of the book/course or whatever you are talking about. At first glanc, I choked. 147 bucks. However, I mellowed out a bit when I looked over the description, 6 books, 2 DBD's and audio tapes,, etc. I've never seen it, so I wouldn't give a yes or no either way, but I would give it a good consieration, IF you could afford it.
Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:49 am 
Novice
Novice

was thinking of splitting the cost between 3 or 4 others at the gym so the individual cost would be like 30-50 bucks. I've looked at a lot of the articles on John's site and like what I read and the course thingy looks like it just a better organized and complete package of the same info. The articles are obivously written with limiting requirements, like word count, etc. My thought was this book package would be more in depth and better organized. Anyway, I'll see what the guys think about it and we may give it a shot and post a review or something.

Post subject: gerard
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:44 am 
DELETED

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]