ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Meal Timing question
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 2:24 pm 
Novice
Novice

In reguards to meal timing, eating more carbs in the morning, fats in the evening, etc. Does this generally refer to when you wake up being morning, or were the sun is relative to you being morning? I'm a third shifter and generally wake around 6pm, how does tis factor in?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:27 pm 
In Memoriam: TimD
In Memoriam: TimD

Well, you're talking about partioning. I never really got fully into that, although I do tend to eat the bulk of my starchy carbs in the morning, and mostly veg at night, making the fat percentage a bit higher at night, although I don't consciously add fat. I used to work a lot of shifts, and I think my biggest fat losses (without even trying) came when I was shipping out (at sea) working thirds. I would wake up around 4 PM, eat at 5, when a regular dinner was being seved, doing the usual, meat, some rice and veg, and snack through the night,while on shift on what was available, usually left over meats and fruit, and eat some eggs and and fruit around 6 AM when the galley opened, making it similar to what you're talking about, although I never planned it that way, so in short, I can't see that it matters at all about the sun factoring in. Just an FYI, Berardi writes a lot about food partioning over at berardi.com. Seems like there may be something to it.
Tim

Post subject: Sophia
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:42 am 
DELETED

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]