ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: bending and hammer work
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:02 am 
Novice
Novice

Today I just did some sledgehammer work and bent a piece of hot rolled steel 1/4 7in. I got stuck about halfway for a minute then it gaveway and I bent the sucker. I realized that I skipped some progression in nail bending when I bent the 60D. I tried to bend a 60D again and it wouldn't budge. It must have been a good day and I was on point the day I bent that sucker. anyways I bought the 1/4 bar and bent a 7 in piece. I tried to bend a 6 in but I was super fatigued from the first bend and I bearly dented it. I did some sledgehammer levers 3 sets of 5 on each hand forward and reverse and I was done. I might need to find a different piece of padding because the washcloth I'm using isn't protecting my hands enough.

Shawn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:07 am 
Novice
Novice

Today I did a workout from rosstraining .com and focus work. Here is the WOD.

10 burpees
50 yard sprint
10 plyometric pushups
jog back 50 yards
15 closehand pushup
50 yard sprint
10 knee tucks

3 rounds for time

10:37

This is a 5 round WOD but I cut it down to do some other work.

100 yard single arm kb weight toss
100 yard single are squat and throw
100 yard double arm weight toss
100 yard weight throw

after that I did some frogstance and tuck front lever for 1 min total each. I can hold them both for about 15 sec now.

Tomarrow I'm driving to Oregon. Lets see what I can get into up there. Tomarrow is a rest day by the way. Might go for a jog.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:35 am 
Novice
Novice

the past 5 days I have been in Oregon without computer access and I really didn't have much time to excercise except for a little wood chopping and some hiking. This is the workout I did today.

50 kb swings 16KG
10L/R kb snatches

4 rounds
no time

the night before I bent 1 20d nail, 2 20d nails together, 1 7" 1/4 hot rolled steel, 1 30d nail ,and ended with one more 30d nail. My hands were fried today and I stuck them in a cooler of ice water that was too cold. Felt like they were going to fall off after that.

I'm fooling around with my diet right now and pretty much switching to a complete paleo diet. I'm not loosing any weight and I was on the paleo diet before and I think it is definitely the way to go. I had to get off of the diet because I was short of money at the time and the paleo diet hits you hard in the pocket book. I felt alot better when I was paleo and I dropped about 20 lbs without gaining anything back after adding grains back to my diet. I haven't lost anything since then and I want to be about 10 lbs lighter(still got a juicy gut). I would like to make paleo a permanent diet rather than a loose weight diet.

Shawn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:58 am 
Novice
Novice

oops I forgot to post my WOD yesterday. Here it is.

3 skin the cat
30 doubleunders
4 skin the cat
30 doubleunders
5 skin the cat
30 doubleunders
5 pullups 5 dips
20 parkbench box jumps
5 pullups 5 dips
20 parkbench box jumps
5 pullups 5 dips
20 parkbench boxjumps

I used the arm of the parkbench which was pretty high!
I didn't do this for time because I forgot my stopwatch.
After this, I played in the park with my nephews and took turns chasing them down, shouldering them, and running them about 100 yards out from the playground. Thats a workout in itself! Try it sometime.

Today I'm doing some Olifting. Lets see what my partner has in store for us. Last time I couldn't shrug for 4 days.

Shawn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:11 am 
Novice
Novice

Once again I didnt post my workout yesterday. I did some Olifts and some bending. Here is the workout.

Snatch 2 sets 2 reps with 95lbs
Snatch 6 sets 1 reps with 115lbs
Snatch 2 sets 1 reps with 125lbs
Squat then one arm snatches with a 45lbs bell for 3 reps for each arm
we did 5 sets of these and I didn't keep track of the weight for each set on the last 2 sets I did 300 for 3 reps.
then we did BP

10 reps 135lbs
8 reps 185
6 reps 215 (with help)
14 pushups and a 300 yard jog to end it.

I was dead after that.

Later that day I bent 2 40d nails and a 30 d nail. Today my whole body is dead and I took a well deserved rest day. I may go after the 60d again this sunday. I'm getting ready to travel again so you may not here from me again for a couple days. Love, peace and chicken grease!!!

Post subject: finally home
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 9:02 am 
Novice
Novice

I finally returned home after a long drive and I did a Workout late last night. I'm goint to include more running since I will be taking a PT test here soon so here it is.

25 kettlebell swings 16kg KB
1/4 mile run

8 rounds for time

32:10

I've also switched to a paleo diet and I'm already through the "feeling bad" part of it. I am trying to loose some weight and I weighed in at 192 this morning. I'm going for 10 more pounds for right now. Once I get there, I'll assess myself and see if I want to loose more.

I also overdid it with the bending and have a little tendonitis in my right hand and can't bend my wrist back to to pushups and any other wrist bending movements. Hopefully it will be better soon and I can go back to doing Olifts. I will also be going to Virginia this friday for 6 weeks and I don't know if I will be able to post. We shall see.

Shawn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:26 pm 
Novice
Novice

Today I did 100 squat clean and thrusters with a 25 lbs med ball. Killer workout. I actually did it in the morning. There are 200 squats in that WOD and my legs were shaking bad when I was done. I did it for time and my time was 18:06.

My hand is better today and I did about 40 pushups on my parralettes.

Shawn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 5:46 pm 
Novice
Novice

I'm just letting everyone that reads my log know that, at the moment, I'm in training and I really haven't had time to do any extra pysical training. I may do a workout tomarrow. I have my rings and jumprope with me so my WOD will revolve around that. I did bring some nails but my hand still isn't healed all the way so I'll probably wait another week and start back slow into that. Anyone who wants to start bending. go at it slow. I wanted to show off to my family and bend on a day when I wasn't suppose too and got some minor tendonitis. I'm just bearly able to do pushups again so take heed and go slow.

Shawn

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 4:06 pm 
Novice
Novice

Today I did crossfit's Cindy WOD which goes like this:

5 pullups
10 pushups
15 air squats

as many rounds as possible for 20 min

I completed 10 rounds and had about 15 seconds left.
Cindy has a soft spot in my heart since she was the first crossfit WOD I attempted. It was around November 2005 time frame. I was about 20 pounds heavier and couldn't do a single pullup so I used a pulldown machine. I Wish I had kept a journal since then so I could clearly see my progress. Obviously crossfit Is working for me, though and it can work for you, too. I will post new stats after I get home from school. I will be doing a new PT test in about 2 weeks and I will be posting that also. Until then, elite fitness to all.

Shawn

Post subject: I'm back!!!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:44 pm 
Novice
Novice

I've had a long couple of months plus I've relocated to Germany. I haven't been working out alot these past couple months, just one thrown in here and there and I had no access to a computer.

Anyways, I started focusing on a handstand. Instead of the planche and the lever, I'm focusing on a handstand everyday. I just kick up into a handstand against a wall and hold it for as long as possible over and over until I think I'm going to fall the next try. I'm going to do this for a while until I can hold a regular handstand for a good amount of time before I start throwing in harder gymnastics.

I started a MMA class today and I enjoyed it so I think I'll stick to it. Since I don't really have a background in anything mma except for watching it on TV, I thought I was going to get my ass handed to me. The first class I was in, they threw me in a drill with 7 other people witch was grab a partner, roll for 3 min and on the last min, throw in slaps and body punches, then switch partners. We did this for an hour and 15 min, I did pretty good and I got some praise for not having any background in wrestling. Anyways, I did that and then I did a mix of 15 wallball shots and handstand for as long as i could hold it for 10 min. That was overkill. I probably won't be able to move tomarrow.
at least I'm back.

Casey

Last edited by casey on Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:19 pm 
Novice
Novice

This post is for Thursaday and today(Sunday).

Thursday I did pad striking circuts for an hour then we put a guy in the middle of the mat and sent a new guy to roll with him every minute for 4 min. that was tuff. After that I did 2 sets of 10 overhead squats with 65lbs followed by 2 sets 10 pullups. I was pretty dead by then but,
I did my handstands.

I gave myself 2 days rest because I was pretty beat up. Today I did some squats 5-4-4-3-3. On that last 3 I felt a pull in my left groin, so I stopped and moved on to some bag drills for 20 min.

Casey

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 3:20 pm 
Novice
Novice

this post is for tues 19dec06

All I did today is roll for a hour and a half. I've never been so sore and exausted in my life.I learned some stuff from half-guard that was pretty cool. I pull a muscle in my neck and both groin muscles. I hobbled home and did 5 rounds of contrasting showers for 3 min each and I felt alot better the next day. Give it a try after a killer workout that you think your not going to wake up from the next morning, go jump in a cold pool or a cold shower or douse yourself with cold water for 3 min, then , switch to hot water for 3 min. I do this for about 5 rounds, just start and end with cold water. You will feel great the next day!
I finally got my gym equipment today so I'm going to get back into the backyard gym fun. This time I don't have a backyard so I'm going to have to find a spot to train. I also don't have the sandbags anymore so I'm going to have to make some more. By the way, I weighed in at 186lbs this morning.

Casey

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:26 pm 
Novice
Novice

Once again I stopped posting do to an injury. I messed up my shoulder trying to do MMA. I thought it healed and tried to wrestle again and ended up messing it up again, twice. I'm giving MMA a break until I'm sure my shoulder is healed all the way. I still can't really do pullups yet and definitely no kipping pullups. I decided to do the army ten miler this year, so I'm going to train up for that. I don't really have a plan yet except alternating running and crossfit and, of course, PT too. I guess I'll start posting PT too since I'm back to doing it regularly. Today I ran twice, once for PT, very slow, 3 miler in about an hour. The second run was about 3 miles in 27:14.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:45 pm 
Novice
Novice

I'm hurtin' today so I only did PT. It was circuit style with a quarter mile run, pushups, situps, crunches, and leg kickbacks. 30 min.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:44 pm 
Novice
Novice

today I did 100 burpees in 13:43. A little disappointed but my shoulder is still a little messed up. I also did the crossfit warmup.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next