ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Aaron's Fatloss Journal
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:11 am 

I decided that it might be worthwhile to write down what I do on a daily basis for fatloss. This might be motivational to me and others who decide to read this thread.

Ever since I was a little kid i was not as lean as I desired. The worst shape I was ever in was back in the summer of 2005. That year I ended up having to buy new school clothes, XL shirts and size 38 pants. During that summer my weight peaked at 240 lbs @ 5'6" and the clothes I just bought didn't fit anymore... So what I did was I started getting active by utilizing the schools fitness center and controlling what I ate. By the end of that year I got myself down to 180 lbs, size 33 pants and M shirts. Since I've heavily picked up on the weightlifting my weight has fluctuated up to 200 lbs @ 5'8" (if you look at me you wouldn't even be able to tell that I weighed that much). Now I'm at the point where I would like to drop my bodyfat down to a desirable 8% which I'm guessing is around 175lbs or it could be less.

For this diet I will be following a low carb approach. It is the best option in general in terms of a fatloss approach. I will be following the guidelines set out in my diet thread that I created.

Later on today I will try to post what my workout and diet consisted of. I don't know how consistently I will be able to get on here and post, but I will do it whenever possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:41 pm 

Alright today started out strong for me, my starting weight will be offically 203 lbs.

Energy Levels: High
Stress: Low

Breakfast:
1 tblsp of Olive Oil
3 eggs w/ 2 slices of pepper jack cheese and 1/4 cup of mushrooms
Generic Multivitamin

1 Hour before my workout I took a Hydroxycut Hardcore pill. I am a GNC salesman so I might as well use it to my advantage so I can use it as a fatloss aid and be able to more effectively pitch the product.

My workout of choice today was on my shoulders. I have weak shoulders compared to other parts of my body so bear with me.

Standing Press:
1 x 10 w/ bar (45lbs) - warm up
1 x 10 @ 95lbs
2 x 10 @ 115lbs
1 x 5 @ 125lbs
1 x 5 @ 135lbs

Upright Row:
2 x 8 @ 125lbs
1 x 12 @ 95lbs - burnout

Rear Delt Flies:
3 x 10 @ 20lb dumbells

Shrugs:
1 x 12 @ 275lbs
2 x 10 @ 345lbs

Lunch:
Salad w/ sharp cheese, 2 slices of turkey, and 2 tblsp of olive oil

Dinner:
Not as good as I would have wanted but it wasn't horrible.
1 hotdog w/ no bun
1 hamburger w/ slice of pepper jack sharp cheese and no bun
Only condiment I used was Dijon Mustard
Took my second Hydroxycut Hardcore pill for the day.

Hour after dinner I ran on treadmill @ a high intensity for 15 mins.

Post workout consisted of a protein shake w/ water and a scoop of natural peanut butter mixed in.

Goals for the future:
-Eat more veggies.
-Split up the meals into smaller proportions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:03 pm 

I had a rough time getting to sleep last night, my left erector muscle in my back is strained so I couldn't find a comfortable position. The Hydroxycut Hardcore was interesting, I didn't get shaky which suprised me but I was sweating constantly.

Weight this morning: 199lbs
Energy Levels: Med-High

Breakfast:
1 tblsp of Olive Oil
3 eggs w/ a slice of provolone cheese and 1/2 cup of mushroom

Took a full assortment of vitamins rather than a generic multi w/ Hydroxycut Hardcore.
B-100 complex
Vitamin C
Paba
Magnesium
Calcium + D
Zinc
Vitamin K
Vitamin D
Vitamin E
Bioflavonoid
CLA
Fish Oil

I didn't have time to eat an official lunch today so I will call my next meals Snack 1 and Snack 2.

Snack 1:
1 tblsp of Olive Oil
1/2 cup cottage cheese

Snack 2:
Protein shake w/ water and extra amounts of natural peanut butter

Took final pill along with a NO product sample from GNC. Tastes good but offered no other benefits.

Todays workout was chest/triceps.

Bench Press
1 x 10 135lbs - warm up
1 x 5 185lbs
2 x 5 245lbs
1 x 4 225lbs

Close Grip Bench Press
1 x 10 185lbs
1 x 5 195lbs
1 x 4 175lbs

Skull Crushers
3 x 7 75lbs

Cardio:
Ran for 15 at very high intensity. Shirt was drenched in sweat...

Dinner:
My family had tacos and for the most part I resisted temptation.
1/2 cup ground beef
2 tblsp salsa
1 cup lettuce
2/3 cup peas - not the best choice!
4 cups brocolli
The only condiment was tabasco, NO butter

Goals for the future:
-Eat more veggies.
-Split up the meals into smaller proportions.
-Make a sheet of healthy foods that take only 5 mins or less to make and are low carb diet friendly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:37 pm 

Last night I didn't have a problem getting to sleep and the pain in my back seems to have eased. I woke up this morning and weighed 200lbs. A little dissapointed but not suprised, losts of sodium packed into that taco meat seasoning.

Today I decided not to do any weight training. I plan to have a big leg day tomarrow so today I did extra amounts of cardio.

Weight this morning: 200lbs

Breakfast:
2 eggs w/ slice provolove cheese
1/2 cup cottage cheese
Generic Multi

Lunch:
1/2 cup of leftover taco meat
4 cups of brocolli (again!)
2 tblsp of olive oil

I mixed all of those together and not sure what to expect, the flavor turned out to be really good.

Dinner:
Can of tuna
2 cups of lettuce
1/4 cup piccalilli
1 slice of pepperjack cheese

Again a little experimentation. This time not so good, it wasn't horrible but the flavors just didn't blend well. As a side note, the tuna was not mixed with any sort of condiment such as mayo.

Cardio:
10 mins of exhausting running then 15 mins of heavy resistance on a elliptacle bike (legs felt like rubber).

Postworkout:
Protein shake w/ water and no natural peanut butter. Took vitamin assortment along with Hydroxycut Hardcore.

Goals for the future:
-Eat more veggies.
-Make a sheet of healthy foods that take only 5 mins or less to make and are low carb diet friendly.
-Maybe get some HIIT routines made up for myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:31 pm 

I must have been on to something yesterday with the water retention, I woke up this morning and weighed 197.6. I feel accomplished and satisfied.

Today no cardio it was my leg day. I was disappointed with the workout, I was exhausted through all of it so I couldn't perform to my best and my lower back was hurting during the squats and not in a good way. I have been much hungrier today than other days, rather annoying since that's when people including me are the most vulnerable to wrecking their diets by eating everything in sight.

Weight this morning: 197.6lbs

I was a little naughty with the breakfast this morning. No big deal though because I knew they would get burned up by the time my next meal came along.

Breakfast:
3 eggs w/ slice provolone cheese
2 small pierogies
Generic Multi
Took Hydroxycut pills (2).

Today for lunch I did a little more experimentation. I found some low carb wraps at my house that were packed with fiber, perfect! So today I opened up a can of tuna (2 & 1/2 servings), mixed with a proportional amount of olive oil and through it in with a couple slices of provolone cheese on the wrap. I tried it and it definitely tasted better than my salad from yesterday. I will have to keep that meal in mind for the future. Maybe add Tabasco on to it next time or maybe some jalapeno peppers.

Lunch:
1 leftover hotdog w/ Dijon mustard
1/2 of my wrap

Pre-workout today I tried another NO sample this time it was Altered State by Muscle Asylum Project. This time I felt the pump from it but because of how physically exhausting the squats and RDLs were for me I didn't get much of an effect out of them.

Workout:
Squat:
1 x 5 135lbs
1 x 5 185lbs
1 x 5 225lbs
3 x 5 275lbs

Romanian Deadlift:
1 x 5 185
3 x 8 245

Post workout:
Other 1/2 of wrap

Dinner was difficult for me today. My parents were way to busy to make food so they said eat leftovers. Look in the fridge and the only thing in there is lasagna from the day before...I don't think so. So tonight I had a quick dinner.

Quick Dinner:
1/2 Cup of cottage cheese
Protein shake w/ water and natural peanut butter

Goals for the future:
-Eat more veggies.
-Maybe get some HIIT routines made up for myself.
-Get into a routine with supplementation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:24 pm 

Alright today was a rough day in general. We ran out of decent low carb food in our house. It really sucks becuase it makes it very hard to eat well and make the diet balanced. Todays will be rocky and dissapointing in general. I was forced to go out to a store before school and buy a pack of peanuts to munch on here and there in case I got hungry. I hope tomarrow will be a better day.

Weight this morning: 196.4lbs
Energy Levels: Med

Breakfast:
2 eggs w/ slice provolone cheese

Snack:
Peanuts, roasted and salted

Lunch:
1 Tortilla wrap
4 slices of turkey
2 slices of provolne cheese
Dijon mustard

Dinner:
Chicken

Workout was back/bis:

Pullups:
1 x 5 bodyweight
3 x 5 +25lbs

BB Rows:
1 x 8 135
1 x 6 185
2 x 6 165
1 x 10 145lbs
1 x 8 145lbs

Pullover (modified):
1 x 8 45lbs
1 x 8 55lbs
1 x 8 70lbs
1 x 7 60lbs

Curls:
1 x 1 135lbs
3 x 8 105

Goals for the future:
-Eat more veggies.
-Get into a routine with supplementation.