ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: A. Moss' Online Journal
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:56 pm 
Associate Member
Associate Member

This is my first entry to my Journal, I will be adding new entries on my goals, achievements, and personal records daily. If you have any comments or criticism I will be starting a journal discussion immediately prior to this entry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:16 pm 
Associate Member
Associate Member

I just finished working out, everything felt pretty good I guess. I worked for about 1 hour 15 min I'm not much for stretching (prob should start). I focused on compound workouts today and so far no soreness I guess we will have to see if I get DOMS tomorrow (either way I'm not going to worry about it) I'm going to keep up on the compounds for about a month and see what happens. Really didn't feel like I worked that hard but it was my first time doing this plan and I did sweat a lot, I think its okay but I am looking into another plan.... I felt really good with my curls, definite improvement. I'm doing 5 X 5 with 40 lb. and it wasn't hard at all, I think next week I'll up it to 45 and try it. I took my daily 4 scoops of Iso Mass Extreme Gainer or as I call it "my chum"(uuuuuhhhaaaawwww) but Its better then........................ I'm actually steel looking for something worse ..... I'm sure I'll find it, lol. I don't know, I cant help but feel like I'm wasting my workouts. I'll find the right one, I always do. but until then I feel like I'm just going though the motions. Felt really good with my calf raises today too (PR actually) 280 X 10. I have to hold on to a bar so I'm at the mercy of my grip, god knows what my max is. Cant wait for tomorrow, its going to be a good day. Tomorrow I'm working chest and tri's so I'm pumped.

Until then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:24 pm 
Associate Member
Associate Member

Well, I didn't get DOMS today, Its steel in the back of my mind because I've trained for so long focusing on that but I'll get over it.

Awesome session today. I worked for a Hour and Ten Munutes, and it felt like it. I sweated my a** off and lifted 205 on flat wide bench again. I'm already starting to see a difference in my body sense I started doing more compounds movements and less isolation movements. I upped my Iso Mass E.G. to 5 scoops daily today, that's 120 grams of protein just in drinks and 183 grams of carbs in drinks alone. I found another workout routine today, its a Monday though Friday, A. B. C. D. all compound routine with wendsday a rest/cardio day. I feel pretty confident in it. I'm going out of town on a tournament tonight so I wont be back until Monday morning I'll start my new plan then. I was lucky to have been able to train tonight I have to leave at 11:30pm -- 12:00midnight, but I was able to squeeze it in. I feel like I'm cheating when I have to go out of town because I'm not able to train where I go. I guess its a blessing in disguise to be able to recover 100% for my new plan. I have a lot of packing to do and I NEED to get a shower I'm rancid I'm sure. I'll post again when I get back.....

Peace, Love, and Respect. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:46 pm 
Associate Member
Associate Member

I got back a day early from my trip and all my soreness is gone.

Should be a good start to my plan tomorrow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:08 pm 
Associate Member
Associate Member

I just got done with my Monday workout, it wasn't as good as I thought it would be. I did pec's tonight and I did crappie my shoulder dislocates a lot when I'm doing the Pull Overs at 65 pounds (at 2 to 3 reps) yet I can do 15 Pull Overs at 55 pounds before any sing of dislocation or pain. I'm only able to do 10 pec dips without pain in my shoulder. I'm just going to work on strengthening my shoulder muscle and hopefully that will help or fix it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:37 pm 
Associate Member
Associate Member

I missed my last couple of day posting on here but I've had to put in really late workout and just didn't feel like it. But anyway, tomorrow is my last day for my first week of this plan. All the sessions are so short that i don't think there going to do anything for me. But so far every morning i wake up i feel sore in the muscle groups I worked the day before, so they must be doing something. f.e. tonight i only worked for 30 minute before i had completed everything. I'm steel pretty weak though, take for instance my 'row' I'm only doing 95 for 8 reps. My BI's felt pretty worked tonight after I was done and I did no curls of any kind, I'm literally learning at lest one new thing everyday. I'm going for 210 on bench this coming Monday. Hopefully I pump it like butter.

A. Moss

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:52 pm 
Associate Member
Associate Member

Tonight I worked for about a half hour, and did lat's and lower back. tonight concludes the first week of this plan. my only concerns about it so far is that the workouts just seem to be to short and I'm only working four muscle group per week, and every week they are the same. it just doesn't seem like its enough. other then that I'm not losing any muscle, and I've been gaining weight (from 175 to 182 in a week) I don't seem to be getting any bigger though. I probably wont post over the weekends (nothing to post about).

A. Moss

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:42 pm 
Associate Member
Associate Member

So, I guess I have been doing this wrong. I should have been posting my stats from my workouts but instead I've been posting the way I felt about my session. So I'm starting over........

Basic body stats are:

Body weight: 182

Body height: 6 foot, 1 inch

Body fat %: 10.7

Waist: 32

Sex: Male. ([duh] I know, just going through everything)

Complex body stats: (and don't think I'm smart for knowing this stuff, I'm just coping and pasting lol. I don't even know if this crap is good or not lol. )

BMI: 24.1

Waist-to-Height Ratio (WHtR): 43.8

Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR): 2016

Surface Area: 2.06

Willoughby Athlete Weight: 204 lbs.

Willoughby Athlete Waist: 33.5 in.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tonight I did Pec's.

Incline Bench: 115 for 15 reps: 135 for 8 rep: 135 for 8 rep again: and 135 for 6 reps.

Flat Bench: 135 for 15 reps: 140 for 8 reps: 135 for 8 reps: and 135 for 6 reps. (I usually do Flat Bench fist but not tonight)

Chest Dips: Body weight for 15 reps: Body weight for 8 reps: Body weight for 8 reps: Body weight for 6 reps.

Pull Overs: 45 for 15 reps (could have easily done 20 maybe more): 60 for 8 reps: 70 for 8 reps: 60 for 6 reps (could have done 65).

That concludes my workout tonight I worked for about 45 minutes.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really wasn't that pleased with my workout tonight, I did something I usually don't do and that is switch up my bench orders. when I switched up my bench order I lost intrust in my workout after I wasn't able to lift what usually do on flat bench that effected my whole session. although I am pleased with my Pull Overs tonight I did better weight wise tonight then last time and my shoulder felt a lot better.

A little something for any body reading this right now. I have found one of the more accurate BMI measures. You might have already found it but if not you should check it out.

http://home.fuse.net/clymer/bmi/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:37 pm 
Associate Member
Associate Member

Today I did lowerbody:

BB Squats: 65 for 15 reps: 115 for 8 reps: 100 for 8 reps: 95 for 6 reps.

Front Squats: 65 for 1 rep and quit.

Sumo Deadlifts: 135 for 15 reps: 205 for 8 reps: 185 for 8 reps: 185 for 6 reps.

BB Stiff-Legged Deadlift: 135 for 15 reps: 135 for 8 reps: 135 for 8 reps: 135 for 6 reps.

Not to good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:04 pm 
Associate Member
Associate Member

I worked Delts.
----------------------------------

BB Military Press: 45 for 15 reps: 90 for 8 reps: 95 for 6 reps: 90 for 6 reps. (should have left it at 95).

BB Upright Row: 65 for 15 reps: 115 for 4 reps (quick change to 105 for 4 more): 95 for 8 reps: 95 for 6 reps.

BB Clean and Press: 45 for 15 reps: 85 for 8 reps: 95 for 8 reps: 95 for 6 reps (I could have got 100).

Forty-five minute workout. Felt great, I did everything with relative ease without it being not enough weight, (great form I think is what I'm trying to say).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:04 pm 
Associate Member
Associate Member

I worked Lat's and Lower Back tonight.

-----------------------------------------------------

Pull-ups: Body weight for 9 reps: Body weight for 4 reps: Body weight for 4 reps: Body weight for 2 reps.

BB Bent-Over Row: 65 for 15 reps: 85 for 8 reps: 110 for 8 reps: 105 for 6 reps.

BB Deadlift: 135 for 15 reps: 180 for 8 reps: 165 for 8 reps: 170 for 6 reps.

I REALLY suck at pull-ups still but I guess this IS only the second time I have done them in routine fashion.

With the Bent-Over Rows, it was really hard for me to keep an arch in my back. I think I did better this time then last, but I cant be sure.

I felt great with BB Deadlifts, I had good form and did what I wanted to for doing SD and SLD earlier in the week (even though they work your legs I felt it in my back as well). The only problem I had with my DL tonight is, I had to stop one time on my 2nd set to put gloves on (for about 7 to 10 seconds it my have effected me in getting my last rep I don't know..... I could call it 7 just for the rest but whatever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:17 pm 
Associate Member
Associate Member

I worked Delts tonight
--------------------------------------

BB Military Press: 65 for 15 reps: 90 for 8 reps: 85 for 8 reps: 90 for 6 reps.

BB Upright Row: 85 for 15 reps: 105 for 8 reps: 95 for 8 reps: 95 for 6 reps.

BB Clean & Press: 65 for 15 reps: 90 for 8 reps: 85 for 8 reps: 85 for 6 reps.

I don't think I did as well on some of the exercises today as last Thursday but I've been sick sense Monday, that's also the reason I've not been post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:15 pm 
Associate Member
Associate Member

I didn't get to workout today.
-----------------------------------------

I had to have an infected tooth pulled and the doc asked me not to train today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:43 pm 
Associate Member
Associate Member

New routine today. Full body. 5X5.
-------------------------------------------

[Core]

Squats: 85 for 5 reps: 95 for 5 reps: 105 for 5 reps: 115 for 5 reps: 135 for 5 reps.

Flat Bench: 135 for 5 reps: 145 for 5 reps: 155 for 5 reps: 165 for 5 reps: 175 for 3 reps, quick switch to 170 for two reps.

Bent over Row: 65 for 5 reps: 85 for 5 reps: 105 for 5 reps: 115 for 5 reps: 135 for 5 reps.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Accessory]

Pull-Ups: 2 assited sets of 8 reps.

Lateral Raises: 20 for 8 reps: 20 for 8 reps.

Sit-Ups: BW for 15 reps (Cake): BW+10 for 15 reps(Butter).

This is my first time doing this routine so I dont have all the weights down yet, I should all but have them by Wed. This is a 3 day a week plan, taking off tomorrow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:18 pm 
Associate Member
Associate Member

I haven't felt like posting the last week or so because I'm just to tired to post after my workout and then forget later in the day.

I've maid tremendous improvement in my front squat and everything else in the last couple of week so I'll do my best to post what I've done in that time.

Full-Body 5X5
-----------------------------------------

Core:

BB squat: 120X5: 125X5: 130X5: 135X5: 140X5.

Flat Bench Press: 135X5: 140X5: 145X5: 150X5: 155X5.

Bent Over Rows: 70X5: 80X5: 90X5: 100X5: 120X5.

Accessory:

Pull Ups: two sets of 8 reps (assisted).

Lateral Raises: two sets of 8 reps.

Sit Ups: two sets of 15 reps (BW+10)

That is just a rough estimate I not positive.