ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 12:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sam's Journal
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:41 am 
n00b
n00b

Okay, a bit of my background. I am 5"8, have been training for about 5 years now . am slowly getting serious about my workouts Finally and want to make a body that i can be proud of.
I am an endomorph or meso-endomorph and tend to accumulate fat easily. Currently struggling with body fat around my abdomen. Last year in July I went from 180 to 140 lbs( mistake) and lost muscle in the process but not a lot of belly fat.

Am 170 at the moment and wish to go to at least 250 lb and loose my body fat as well. I prefer to train at least 6 days a week. last month sprained my foot which has put me off squatting for sometime but want to get back into Bulgarian squatting hopefully in another week or 2. meanwhile want to up my cardios and will do them 5 days a week on weekdays. from 20 mts hoping to go to 30 mts and then 45 and finally an hour. While it might seem like a lot, it honestly isn't as i have a very fat accumulating body.

goals.
BODY weights:

1. pull ups/chin ups - current 10 wish to go to upto 50 and 100. . okay so everyday when i go to the gym, will do pull ups and chin ups first thing.
2. ABS: According to an AEC commissioned study, bicycle abs exercises (most effective) followed by leg raises and Swiss ball crunch are the most effective to work the abs.something i want to do.
3. arms - currently 25-35lb, want to go to 55-65 lbs
4. Chest - currently 40-50 lbs want to go to 100 lbs.
5. need to focus on triceps too.
am going to lay off leg training for almost 2 weeks adn try to focus on upper body.

Post subject: Re: Sam's Journal
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:20 pm 
n00b
n00b

okay. went for almost 1 and a half hour in the gym.
had a bit of sprain in my neck.back, think i must have slept wrong or sat glued to the computer all week which is bad since my work is on the computer too and i spend way TOO much time glued to the computer.
so did a little bit of bicep curls on the cable machine. 25/30 lbs. 12 reps of 5/6 sets.
Then did cardios, 20 mts on a cycling machine and 25 mts on an elliptical trainer. I noticed that on the elliptical i didn't ( and have always ) not wanted to hold the handles which i think is because i have weak upper body and want to avoid using the upper body portion. i now have decided to use the elleptical for 45 mts and then go to the cycling portion for another 20 mts? while it might seem like a lot, i honestly do need to do cardios and at this time cant afford to do it in two sessions as i have an evening shift that ends at 12 midnight

am going to start taking a book with me to start taking down notes to see what time I finish my workouts. or at least have a written record before i go to see what things I am going to do. I am going to take some music with me to stick to training. i think am going to see for a week, if i really want to take a notebook with me but am going to stick to a schedule.

monday to saturday , weights and cardios(45 mts atleast prefer 1)

sunday: weights only with 20 mts cardios.
my neck still feels sore so i think will stick to bicep activity and cardios tommorow. for biceps: dumbell curls, flys ,incline dumbell curls, decline curls. bench press etc. i am using 25-30/35 lb at the moment and want to go to 40-45/50 soon.

I also need to come up with a decent plan for diet/nutrition. Will post my supplement and diet chart hopefully tommorow.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:51 pm 
n00b
n00b

okay. went after a week. am so WEAK. tried my hand at a seated calve machine, 90 lbs 5 sets of 6 reps and then did 20 mts of cardios and then tried a bit of my hands at dips, could barley do 2 and then went to a bench press machine, 70 lbs ( 4*6,5,4,4). after that did some standing shoulder presses using an Olympic trap bar.

Towards the end felt so tired and faintness. I need to re think my nutrition plan. I didn't have anything solid in the morning. had a cup of coffee (8:30am , and then half mass gainer at 9:30-10:00am) roughly and came back and a protein shake and a egg at around 1ish. I need to put solid food into my system and i need to rewamp things. I feel like i should probably start a nutrition thread too as that has been one of my weakest points.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:18 pm 
n00b
n00b

okay so after a week went to the gym and tried my hand at a bit of pull ups and dips. Gosh hvae i gotten weak.did 20 mts of cardios too but my big problem i think is finding the right gym, one where I fit it. I have tried different ones and they all seem 2 social so sort of confused. I would want to go to the one which is best for my workouts.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:04 pm 
n00b
n00b

went again yesterday. Wow. realized i haven't gone for almost a week. I did some weights, dips and pull ups and a bit of bench pressing ( 50lb) and followed by 30 mts of cardios.