ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Registration
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:05 am 
Offline
In Memoriam: TimD
In Memoriam: TimD
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:04 am
Posts: 3129
Location: Va Beach, Va
Hi people. As you all know, we are experiencing BOT attacks at an alarming level. I've just switched over registration to confirmation plus visuals. If you are a guest, and want to register, pls do so, and if it looks legit to the admin types, we will register you. Currently, we have too many spammers registered, and are trying our hardest to eliminate this.Thanks for your patience.
TimD


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:20 am 
Offline
Novice
Novice

Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:02 am
Posts: 52
maybe just wipe the slate clean and have us all reregister
that is what happened on another forum i go to
too much spam and bots clogging posts
i know it sucks to have all posts deleted that may contain info that users need or has been helpful

just my suggestion


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:39 am 
Offline
In Memoriam: TimD
In Memoriam: TimD
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:04 am
Posts: 3129
Location: Va Beach, Va
Hi Eric. James is looking into that right now. It will probably happen. At the moment I'm keeping a lot of BOTs out by using visuals for registration, and keeping activation non automatic. There are still some squeezing through though.
Tim


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:37 pm 
Offline
Novice
Novice

Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2006 9:02 am
Posts: 52
that is good
to be honest i do not sign on and really look through the posts anymore since to much of it is garbage due to spam and bots
other than that a great forum it is


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:56 am 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:40 am
Posts: 3987
All you had to do was just read the stuff that was a couple hours or more old. Tim and I were deleting it all. If you look through the posts there is little to no spam left.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Registration
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:34 pm 
hi! what do you mean?

nc :0)

TimD wrote:
Hi people. As you all know, we are experiencing BOT attacks at an alarming level. I've just switched over registration to confirmation plus visuals. If you are a guest, and want to register, pls do so, and if it looks legit to the admin types, we will register you. Currently, we have too many spammers registered, and are trying our hardest to eliminate this.Thanks for your patience.
TimD


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:55 pm 
Offline
In Memoriam: TimD
In Memoriam: TimD
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:04 am
Posts: 3129
Location: Va Beach, Va
Hi Nicole. You are replying to a post that is several months old. James and Ryan updated the software for the board a week ago. The problem is, we have all these idiots that llke to spam the board with porno and drugs. There is no way we can keep them out with the software. Ironman and I are manually deleting them. I did switch over to admin approval for registration, but it flooded the 3 admin types out with an amzingly high amount o f e=mail requests. I guess we will just have to leave thing as they are.
Tim


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: dodgy!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:17 pm 
porn i don't mind so much! as longs as everyone is enjoying themselves and it's for adult viewers only! drugs though don't endorse them!

see my link! it's marked adult at the mo cos ive got a gripe about ritalin being given to kids when theres fitness alternatives like climbing and abseiling. dopamine seratonin endorphines natural hormones the body produces through exercise and high adrenalin activities.

aaaaargh!! people should know this!! look it up.

nc :0(


TimD wrote:
Hi Nicole. You are replying to a post that is several months old. James and Ryan updated the software for the board a week ago. The problem is, we have all these idiots that llke to spam the board with porno and drugs. There is no way we can keep them out with the software. Ironman and I are manually deleting them. I did switch over to admin approval for registration, but it flooded the 3 admin types out with an amzingly high amount o f e=mail requests. I guess we will just have to leave thing as they are.
Tim


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 3:04 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:40 am
Posts: 3987
Well Nicole, 2 problems. First of all, I really like porn too. The thing is, it's not appropriate for this website. Not to mention we just don't want cluttering ads of any kind here.

Second, is the antidrug stance on ADD. You should really learn the facts. There are brain scans that prove the brains of people with ADD are different. Certain medications help those people to concentrate. It is not a psychological thing where they can just learn to pay attention better. That is like telling epileptics to stop throwing fits and just exercise to make it stop and not use medication.

Take a look at Doctor Amen's website. As you will see he the foremost expert on brain imaging and the relation of brain function to psychiatry.

http://www.amenclinic.com/ac/

Now phentermine on the other hand, Is useless without the other chemical that went with it in the drug phen-phen. That drug did work, but the other drug (which I forget the name of) caused heart attacks and was banned. Phentermine is not going to work without it so there you go.

The irony to your post, is that I am pretty sure you have ADD. I would go so far as to say I am pretty sure you have type 1 (the hyperactivity kind), although other types can coexist.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: hi ironman!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:46 am 
god you might be right i've forgotton what i was going to type in reply..

worrying, yet slightly reassuring that if i ever met you i'd probably like you at some point! ever seen 51 first dates? is that me?

nah i'm better looking than eh drew whats her name!

:0)


Ironman wrote:
Well Nicole, 2 problems. First of all, I really like porn too. The thing is, it's not appropriate for this website. Not to mention we just don't want cluttering ads of any kind here.

Second, is the antidrug stance on ADD. You should really learn the facts. There are brain scans that prove the brains of people with ADD are different. Certain medications help those people to concentrate. It is not a psychological thing where they can just learn to pay attention better. That is like telling epileptics to stop throwing fits and just exercise to make it stop and not use medication.

Take a look at Doctor Amen's website. As you will see he the foremost expert on brain imaging and the relation of brain function to psychiatry.

http://www.amenclinic.com/ac/

Now phentermine on the other hand, Is useless without the other chemical that went with it in the drug phen-phen. That drug did work, but the other drug (which I forget the name of) caused heart attacks and was banned. Phentermine is not going to work without it so there you go.

The irony to your post, is that I am pretty sure you have ADD. I would go so far as to say I am pretty sure you have type 1 (the hyperactivity kind), although other types can coexist.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:06 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:40 am
Posts: 3987
I haven't actually seen the movie. I'm sure you are a cute little Scottish lass though. ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:35 pm 
Offline
In Memoriam: TimD
In Memoriam: TimD
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:04 am
Posts: 3129
Location: Va Beach, Va
Hi guys/gals. This is a little OT. Not that I'm not enjoying the read, but lets keep it going via PM or something.
Tim


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 


All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group