ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:40 am 
n00b
n00b

i am a overweight woman who has just done the Intragastric balloon system....my weight is 78 kg and having the balloon inserted in my stomach will help me to control what i eat. With the balloon inside, if i eat too much, i will puke.....the rationale is that with the balloon being in me for 6 mths, i will slowly modify my eating behaviors, & lose weight...

ever since i had the balloon (1 month ago), i also started my own exercise regime (signed up with a personal trainer at a gym) doing weights training & cardio 2 to 3 times a week....so that when i eventually lose weight, it won't be muscles or water that i am losing.....hopefully, it be fats that i am losing....but there is one major issue here...

since i can only eat abt 1000-1200 calories per day, will i become a case of "starvation" effect" which is defined as the inability to lose weight when one's caloric intake is too low...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 5:13 pm 
Nutritional timing is key. Like Guy Fisher said, "small regular meals of a balanced composition." I eat around 3-5 times a day, size of meals varying. If after a meal that was heavy on meat and carbs., I eat alot of carrots as they arent really going to hurt my caloric intake. However, if one eats alot of, lets say salad, and are still hungry, it is because there is not enough protein the the diet. Protein statisfies our hunger better and faster than any other food group out there. Just remember to stay away from the 3 S's as much as possible Sugar, Sodium, Saturated Fats. Stick with it and you will look better and feel better! Let us know how it goes!!

Best of luck!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 7:33 am 
the problem i see with the balloon is that it is a bandaide for the problem(they take it out right)
and then when you are hungry you go back to the old eating habits.
but, if you change your nutritional and physical lifestyle then the bandaide works...which as it seems you are.kudos
too few calories and you are right your metabolism pretty much stops and you go into starvation mode, but @ 1000 calories a day you will lose weight chances are thought the bulk of that weight will be muscle until its almost gone, by resistence training you are helping a little merc82nd hit it right on the head with several small meals, if you only can eat a tiny bit at a time eat alot ask your trainer for a list of "clean" foods. try to at least eat your basal metabolic rate in calories. meal replacement powders are not bulky so you probably will be able to eat those. eas " myoplex. is a great mrp

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]