ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 3:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Clap pushup variations
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 10:00 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

I came up with this new type of push up and I have been doing this clap pushup variation now for awhile. I looked for videos of it on youtube and could not find one.

The way I do this push up is awesome to the point where I can only do 8 reps per set and that's pretty much to failure. Its starts out like any normal pushup you explode off the floor you clap then you catch yourself you then lower yourself to the down position and then while in the down position move as far as you can to your left and hold for a second then as far as you can to your right hold for a second move to the center and repeat.

That is the most intense way I can do pushups and I need to challenge myself. It's really an amazing way to do them I want to know if anyone does them or knows where or if they have seen a video of clap push ups done like that?
I do these after handstand push ups so I really feel the burn in my delts and have to stretch to not be in pain but I love them.

John

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:04 pm 
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

John, I don't have any videos at work but you make me think of Steve Maxwell. http://maxwellsc.blogspot.com/

You should be able to get ideas here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:05 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Have you tried "Hindu press ups" aka Chinese? We do them in kung-fu training, good for building strength in the ribs too. Second video here: http://www.motleyhealth.com/fitness_and ... h-workouts

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]