ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:59 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Calories burned?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 3:55 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Been a while since I have actually posted here, things in RL have not been going so well since I was last active. I did get certified through WITS to be a personal trainer but did not follow through with it yet.

Anyway, my question is...

Is there anyway to know how many calories have been expended by knowing a persons average heart rate after they have finished working out, given the following known information:

Sex
Height
Weight (with our without %BF)
Duration of exercise
Average heart rate (BPM)

I am asking this question because I don't really have any way of knowing how many calories I am burning while I am doing my little 25 minutes of eliptical aerobics. I also can't seem to find anything online that will calculate this for me, funny because I had a watch that did it by knowing my heart rate(it took my pulse), age, sex and weight. Most sites (including exrx) will give you a list of excercises to choose from and how long you did them for. However, one can do any of the exercises more vigerously than another and work out using a higher heart rate, thus burning more calories.

So for me this is what it would look like:

A 22 year old male who weighs 180 pounds at about 18% BF works out for 25 minutes with an average heart rate of 160 bpm. How many calories did this person burn?

I appreciate anyones feedback thanks. If anyone DOES know of a formula or place to calculate this let me know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:56 pm 

http://www.triathlontrainingblog.com/?page_id=483

I love Google.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:23 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

stuward wrote:
http://www.triathlontrainingblog.com/?page_id=483

I love Google.

Wow and now I love you :p

Wow! I'm burning 397 calories? That's way more than I thought I was burning, especially for only 25 minutes.

Thanks again sir.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]