ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:07 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 6:33 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Ok I just want to say hey to everyone I haven't talked to in a very long time on this site and say hopefully I'm back for a while!

Recently I started this 5x12 routine and it's amazing. As I have progressed in my workouts my body has changed multiple times. I remember coming to this site and doing 3x5's strength training routine and building for size while all the while I didn't realize I was fat.

Long story short I'm not 215 lbs anymore and fat I'm now down to 180 and some change and lifting differently and with different goals. I was told the 5x12 routine was over training along with p90x and running in the am not to mention an hour of cardio in the evening. I don't care about over training and am purposely trying to overload my body and burn calories so i can get chiseled.

I am getting amazing results even though I am dieting correctly and taking diet pills. I just wanted to say hi and ask everyones opinion on that 5x12 routine see if anyone has done it or what not. I have changed a lot in he past year or two. I actually am aspiring to be a fitness model and soon will have another photo shoot. All information and personal experiences with over training or that routine would be greatly appreciated.

John Corless

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:21 pm 
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

John, no comments other than to say welcome back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:26 pm 

John welcome back. What kept you away so long?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:48 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

I was in florida and doing some different things I'm back to ny now and doing things differently. I am hoping to be a fitness model very shortly. Will be among daily people communicating. Missed ya guys.

John

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:26 pm 
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

If you were carrying 35 pounds of fat, dumping that was huge. Definitely the right move!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 11:38 pm 
In Memoriam: TimD

John, I think you remember me. I never was against 5X12 or P90X, but just remember, they are geared towards different goals than the 3-5 X 5, P90X being much closer to a Crossfit type of training model. Great job on the cut. Maybe you can give other members some tips on that. BTW, did you ever get close to your goals for football?
Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:36 am 

Welcome back John!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:07 am 

That wouldn't be overtraining assuming you're eating at maintenance/surplus and eating well.

When you're dieting, volume has to typically be lowered or kept the same.

That's a high volume, meaning you'll need quite a few calories. If you're dieting, you need to cut some things out (probably the p90x, it's overrated imo)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:06 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yea well my goals for football changed. I ended up ending a long term relationship and found out due to a painful realization a picture of me at the beach that I was fat. I thought that by being heavy 200 lbs plus at 5'8 that I was a big guy. I got all the way up to 215 lbs actually 213 but I rounded up hahaha. I'd still like to play semi pro in Syracuse this year and thing I am way better geared towards that even if at 180 lbs lean and mean baby!!

After leaving my ex and not over indulging, eating until my stomach hurt every time I ate I started to drop the weight. Bad thing is now I have stretch marks! Oh well haha. Now I am becoming more lean and more vascular I do not think p90x is over rated I just look at it as another way to burn calories and get more flexible since that really emphasizes on being flexible and working on that.

Ok I ran 8.8 miles today in an hour an 5 minutes on the eliptical and I burned 847 calories on top of yoga and running electric at my mothers new house today. BTW running electric is just pretty much light work haha nothing too serious.

Long story short I don't think I'm over training but looking at it like a necessity for me in the situation I'm in. Trying to get chiseled for a photo shoot. If you can believe that!!! haha amazing what effort and dedication can do :D

If you guys are curious to see some of my other modeling pics feel free to let me know and I can give you a link. Talk to you guys later. Tomorrow I'll go over my ridiculous journey from thin and small to fat and thought I was muscular to leaner and more muscular looking.

John Corless

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:40 am 

Yes, please post some pictures. Also you need to post some videos of your current workouts. Your videos with your homemade equipment were great.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:44 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'm not sure how to post pictures in here. So to the quick story of my "journey" lol

I wanted to play semi pro football for the Syracuse team so I was trying to gain weight to be better? I thought that by being heavier that would some how equate to me being an amazing football player. I'm good as it is I just wanted to be similar to professional NFL athletes. Aka Bob sanders of the colts a fs who is 5'8 and like 210 lbs but solid muscle. I was fat and eventually realized it. So I vowed to change it.

November 2008 me and my ex split. Also I had a different job and she wouldn't allow me to take the car to work before we even split so I was running to work and back 2 miles each way when I was 215 lbs and then I was unloading trucks and doing some hardcore manual labor and I dropped to about 185.

Next thing you know I end up leaving my ex and having to relocate to Florida where I lived with my dad. I was broke poor as hell and jobless. So i decided to improvise and do anything I can. Cardio as in trampoline jumping and or occasionally running the sugar sand trails of florida where spiders are the size of dogs and lifting weights and doing pull ups.

The weights were cinder blocks attached to ropes for added weight for the homemade dip bar and doing pull ups on nails in a tree and using two trees with nails and the barbell on the nails to pull up on. Long story short GHETTO. LOL

Then I got a job and lifted with one of the best guys I know Scott dudes jacked out of this world, and was great with supplements. Although not as serious while lifting as I would prefer. Now I think I'm down to 178 ish I'll find out shortly and getting chiseled.

I did a photo shoot as a joke and next thing you know bam I'm a model? It's crazy but photographers want to shoot me and I am hoping to be the epitome of in shape that's why I am waiting until I'm completely chiseled and maybe 165 lbs. If someone can tell me how to upload pics or what not I'll upload my "modeling" pics although as I look back I wasn't in the best of shape. Thanks for anyone that read through it :) any questions what so ever feel free to ask.

John Corless

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:27 am 

I found this online. Looks good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:41 am 

Great progress John. Also have a lot of respect for your drive/determination throughout your 'journey'.

Keep it up and keep us posted!

KPj

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:42 am 

Holy Smoley John. That's what 5"8 185 outta look like/. Whatever you're doing it's working.
Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:44 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Tim that was me out of shape. I guess I have a body builder mentality. I pick at myself left and right.

Meaning fat to the left and right of the chest lats not large enough traps not dominant enough legs not big enough etc.

I strive for perfection that pic was last may. In miami in my first photoshoot ever btw thanks for putting that picture up :).

I now am hosting an online workout via webcam monday thru friday at noon and I am featured on a website but it's an adult version of myspace so I wont push it here. I am getting more members starting next week which is a good thing.

I do yoga plyometrics kenpo and whats called ab ripper x it's just a great way p90x that is , to burn calories.

If anyone wants to join this website and workout with me everyday at noon if you can that would be amazing. Message me on here and I'd give out the information. I have to go to "work" now you all have a great day... see ya.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next