ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 5:40 pm 
I am considering going back to school after a long long layoff and am wondering what type of jobs and type of pay one could expect with a B.S. in exercise science. Phyisical Therapy school is one route I am aware of as well as teaching which I am not the slightest bit interested in. any recomendations or ideas and thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:26 am 
n00b
n00b

You could work as a personal trainer ($15 to $100) depending on where you work and type of clientele you cater too. $15/hr will probably be at commercial gyms (lifestyles, 24hr fitness). I work at a private studio and we charge $40-$50/hr, I'm on a 50/50 basis with the gym owner so I make half of that per hour. You dont really need a degree to work in a gym as a personal trainer but it will definatley help with well-roundedness and knowledge. Too, this is probably the most money you can make in this type of field. Just think how much Oprahs trainer, Madonnas trainer and Albert Pujols' trainer make$$$$$.

You can work in a cardiac rehab clinic (exercise physiologist). You can work as strength/conditioning coach with a sports team. And of course you can always go back to Grad school for PT or exercise phys.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]