|Questions that I need clearing up.
|Page 1 of 1|
|Author:||stharrison [ Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:45 am ]|
|Post subject:||Questions that I need clearing up.|
Hi, I'm pretty new-ish to working out and have a few questions which will help me to achieve my goal.
1. When doing lateral raises do you have a slight bend in your arm? Or straight out?
2. Since I've started working out I've noticed my shoulder blades seem to stick out more? Is this just me or could this of happened?
3. I have a low body fat (no way of actually measuring but my six pack is defined), but what reps/sets/rest/recovery is best for achieving a ripped look?
I've heard about myogenic tone and neurogenic tone being related to strength, and strength is low reps, high weight, long recovery, true?
What about muscular endurance training?
4. When working your abs do you tense? My abs don't touch in the middle especially at the top and I wondered if that was genetic or there was anything I could do about it?
|Author:||stuward [ Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:56 am ]|
|Post subject:||Re: Questions that I need clearing up.|
1. slightly bent.
2. Do more rows. Your rhomboids are weak relative to your chest.
3. People have had success doing it a number of ways. You have to find out what works for you. Muscular endurance is higher reps, usually 20-30. More than that is for martial artists.
4. Of course you tense when you work your abs. The gap in your abs (I assume it's a vertical gap) is managable. It sometimes happens during pregancy. Do a search for "diastasis recti". Usually less than a 2 finger gap is of no concern except cosmetic.
|Page 1 of 1||All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]|
|Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group