ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Few weeks of legs.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:11 am 
Rookie
Rookie

Hey, i recently tore my biceps a bit and decided to give upper body a rest.
I would like to have a nice leg day routine for a week or two (no idea how long will arm recover). I did some searching for some suggestions, but didn't find anything good. Since i got such an opportunity, what do you guys think.
Should i still train legs 1-2 times a week and then just rest rest of the days
or
would it be more effective to create a split, like squats and maybe smith machine lunges on 1 day and curls and extensions on next day(Still gonna do abdominal and lower back extensions on some days)
All suggestions are welcome on how to maximize leg workouts, using hands as little as possible.

Post subject: Re: Few weeks of legs.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:10 am 
Rookie
Rookie

I don't see reason why not to train legs even 3 times per week if you do it with moderate volume.

I train legs every second day and I don't feel soreness because my body has adapted to it. I keep logs only of my best result (max result) Example 150lbs x 6 reps. and I try to progress result when I can.

Usually my leg day is just pumping with around 60-70% load as I try to be conservative. I also don't do too heavy volume because I feel like it's rather endurance than hypertrophy. Also I don't go too much failure.

Your muscle should recover in 2-3 days. But you need to watch your testosterone levels and cns and you can easily figure that out by keeping logs only of your max results.

If you don't feel strong you need rest.

Post subject: Re: Few weeks of legs.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:59 am 
Rookie
Rookie

excore wrote:
I don't see reason why not to train legs even 3 times per week if you do it with moderate volume.

I train legs every second day and I don't feel soreness because my body has adapted to it. I keep logs only of my best result (max result) Example 150lbs x 6 reps. and I try to progress result when I can.

Usually my leg day is just pumping with around 60-70% load as I try to be conservative. I also don't do too heavy volume because I feel like it's rather endurance than hypertrophy. Also I don't go too much failure.

Your muscle should recover in 2-3 days. But you need to watch your testosterone levels and cns and you can easily figure that out by keeping logs only of your max results.

If you don't feel strong you need rest.

That is what i used to do, twice a week. I have been training for year a half so soreness is not a problem and i love to train, i usually don't do rest days until i feel really tired one day(which is bad probably but i just love to train). I just thought that since i will only train legs i can somehow make it more interesting.