ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:46 pm 
Offline
Rookie
Rookie

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:40 pm
Posts: 22
Hey everyone,

I am an 17 year old lacrosse player, my season starts up next week, we will be going 4 days per week 2 practice 2 games. Now I have set aside one day for lifting in season. and 2 days for rest and recovery which i will do mobility work, foam rolling, and corrective stretching on. I will also do that on game days. I just wanted to show you the work out and see what you think, the purpose is too keep the movement pattern consistent and to maintain my strength.

-Warm Up: bike 5-10 min, foam roll, leg swings, mobility drills.
1. Hang Clean 3x3
2. Bulgarian Barbell Split Squat 3x5 Per leg
3. Glute Ham Raise 3x6-10 (Banded)
4. Narrow Grip Bench Press 3x5 (Paused)
5. Row 4x8-12 (Ive been doing Kroc rows)


I then Choose 2-3 Auxiliary exercises 3 sets 10-15 reps

push downs, curl, face pull, lateral raise

The idea is too keep it light and fast, so I am not killing my self every work out, I am also using it to focus on my form.

Thanks!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:19 am 
Offline
Apprentice
Apprentice

Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:14 am
Posts: 166
So this would be 7 - 8 exercises... Seems to be much for inseason training... I would cut it to the basics just to keep your strength during the season... Try to train fairly heavy (low volume) on the compound lifts and the other stuff with high repetitions (low intensity, higher volume)

Provided you could do two days per week, something like:
A: Squat, Bench Press, Assistance
B: Deadlift, Press, Assistance
Assistance would be Back Extensions, Ab work, Chins or Rows and perhaps Dips (and prehab stuff like Face Pulls)...

If it is really only one day a week... A Squat, a push and a pull... Like Squat, Benchpress, Row or Powerclean, Press, Squat or Squat, Push Press, Chins ... and Assistance like Ab Work, Back Raise and prehab stuff (Face Pulls or Black Burns or External Rotations)...

As I wrote before... just do what is needed to keep your strength during the season and leave everything out that cuts into your recovery.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:50 am 
Offline
Member
Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:17 pm
Posts: 649
Location: Germany
I think the best would be

Squat
Bench Press
Deadlift

Everything high intensity and low volume.

_________________
"his hands can't hit what his eyes can't see" - muhammad ali


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:39 pm 
Offline
Rookie
Rookie

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:40 pm
Posts: 22
Crow wrote:
So this would be 7 - 8 exercises... Seems to be much for inseason training... I would cut it to the basics just to keep your strength during the season... Try to train fairly heavy (low volume) on the compound lifts and the other stuff with high repetitions (low intensity, higher volume)

Provided you could do two days per week, something like:
A: Squat, Bench Press, Assistance
B: Deadlift, Press, Assistance
Assistance would be Back Extensions, Ab work, Chins or Rows and perhaps Dips (and prehab stuff like Face Pulls)...

If it is really only one day a week... A Squat, a push and a pull... Like Squat, Benchpress, Row or Powerclean, Press, Squat or Squat, Push Press, Chins ... and Assistance like Ab Work, Back Raise and prehab stuff (Face Pulls or Black Burns or External Rotations)...

As I wrote before... just do what is needed to keep your strength during the season and leave everything out that cuts into your recovery.



Okay, so just keep it basic and simple, less would be more.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:42 pm 
Offline
Rookie
Rookie

Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:40 pm
Posts: 22
ephs wrote:
I think the best would be

Squat
Bench Press
Deadlift

Everything high intensity and low volume.


How would hight intensity and low volume be good for in season? Especially on the Deadlift.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:17 am 
Offline
Member
Member
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:17 pm
Posts: 649
Location: Germany
richie97 wrote:
ephs wrote:
I think the best would be

Squat
Bench Press
Deadlift

Everything high intensity and low volume.


How would hight intensity and low volume be good for in season? Especially on the Deadlift.

Just do 5 reps with ramped up sets at 75%, 85% and 100% of your 5rm at every exercise. You will get used to it and not be too much fatigued.

_________________
"his hands can't hit what his eyes can't see" - muhammad ali


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 


All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group