Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Craving Help
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:22 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Hi all,

I haven't been back to see you all in so long, but here I am again.

I am getting back into weight training post baby and I've discovered that since I've returned to work, my body has somehow become programmed that "work = candy/sweets/soda".

I try to resist through exercises (walking laps), drinking extra water, eating an apple or an orange instead, but its the call of the soda that gets me.

Does anyone have any tips to help me combat this evil programming i've somehow installed in my head during my pregnancy cravings?

Thanks,

-KJ

Do not listen to those who weep and complain, for their disease is contagious.—Og Mandino

For my nonconformity, society whips me with it's displeasure. -Emerson

Post subject: Re: Craving Help
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:42 am 

Sorry no one has answered.

There is no easy way to tell you to change if you somehow feel that this is something beyond your own control. It's now beyond your control. You're the one who makes the decision to eat whatever you eat. Sorry. No easy way. Don't buy the things that you think you shouldn't eat, and do buy plenty of the things you think you should to have on hand. Then when you "slip" and eat the wrong stuff, don't blame "programming". Blame a bad decision!

Good luck with it!

Post subject: Re: Craving Help
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:47 am 
n00b
n00b

KittenJ wrote:
Hi all,

I haven't been back to see you all in so long, but here I am again.

I am getting back into weight training post baby and I've discovered that since I've returned to work, my body has somehow become programmed that "work = candy/sweets/soda".

I try to resist through exercises (walking laps), drinking extra water, eating an apple or an orange instead, but its the call of the soda that gets me.

Does anyone have any tips to help me combat this evil programming i've somehow installed in my head during my pregnancy cravings?

Thanks,

-KJ

The best way to combat any craving is to gradually kick it out of your diet. Don't ditch those cravings all in one go because they will bounce back even worse. So if you crave soda everyday, have a go at it, but make sure that as days pass by, you slowly lessen your intake. Say, if you're having a 16oz serving a day, cut it down to 8oz. Then after that, try to consume soda only every other day. After that, try to consume soda only every two days, and so on. Do that until your body gets used to very minimal presence of soda in your diet that you eventually no longer crave for it. Hope this helps! Unhealthy cravings can be really hard to fight, but at the end of the day, it's all in the mind!