ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:41 am 
former lurker

MONDAY-CHEST,DELTS,TRIS flat bench-4x8-10 incline bench or db's-3x8-10 db flys-3x10 military press-5x8-10 skullcrushers-4x810 triext3x810 TUESDAY-ABS,CALVES,CARDIO WEDNESDAY-BACK,TRAPS,BIS,FORARMS deadlift-4x6-10 lat pulldown or chins-4x6-10 bb or db rows-3x8-10 db shrugs-5x8-10 ez bar curls-4x8-10 preacher curls-3x8-10 wristcurls4x1015 THURSDAY-CARDIO OR REST FRIDAY-LEGS,PUSH UPS OR LIGHT BENCH,ABS squats-5x6-10 leg ext-3x8-10 leg curls-3x8-10 calf raise-5x10-15 push ups-200-300 SAT+SUN-REST OR LIGHT CARDIO

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 8:53 am 
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Looks pretty good, although I wouldn't bother with the flys and leg extensions. Also, deadifting two days before squatting may not give you enough recovery time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 8:23 pm 
Novice
Novice

routine looks ok overall, I do have a few suggestions ...

I start the week off with legs, so the deadlift does not affect my squats. Put chest/tris day between them.

Maybe put shoulders on a day to themselves with bis or tris and abs to give them a better workout....doing them with chest usually fatiques them too much being that yoru shoulders are used in chest moves ( and back) anyway. Hit all three heads ( front , mid and rear delts ) to balance them out using dbs in the workout.

Lat pulldowns are ok but I relegate them to the end of my workout as a finishing move being a machine lift. I would replace or at least replace them in order of back workout with barbell rows. You can alter hand grip to hit upper, lower part of lats by width of grip and using pronate or supronate grips.

Try adding front squats to your leg routine if you want to focus on quads. They take the place of leg extensions or at least put leg extensions as a finishing move if you feel you need them.

Scott Ismari

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:47 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

???? I haven't seen you on here in about a year it seems like. Back when I was just a lurker. Good to see you back on here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:17 am 
Novice
Novice

Yea it has been a year....needed a break and got out of the habit...I guess I got disgusted at trying to help people on line face to face, so Im back once again. Maybe I will feel useful again being back in a forums based community.

Scott Ismari

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:24 pm 
In Memoriam: TimD
In Memoriam: TimD

Good to see you back here Scott.
Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:22 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Scott, like you I am a big fan of barbell rows. I tend to do mostly shoulder width grip mostly bent in between 90 and 45 degrees lifting to just above my waist. I do pronated and supinated. I was wondering which grips you use and how it effects it. I like to stay away from cable as much as possible. I do pulldowns just to get my lats better. If I can target them more with a row, that would be even better though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:50 pm 
Novice
Novice

I like using about the same approach you do. Closer grip elbows in, pronate grip. I aim for about mid stomach, targeting the mid and upper lats. I used to do them supronate grip ( yates rows) to belt hitting the lower lats more.

I relegate the lower lats to the db rows keeping them close to my side and going for the long ROM and stretch.

Scott Ismari