ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:25 pm 
n00b
n00b

Hello! I'm trying to create costum workout (2 days split workout) because i would work one day at home. So, for the day in the gym, i'm planning to do LEGS, BACK, and what would be the best choice for the third muscle group: biceps, triceps, shoulders, or chest? Rest of the groups will be done at home.
I'm planning Low Volume Training, three times a week. Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:46 pm 
Biceps would go well with back and legs. Meanwhile, you can easily pair chest, delts and triceps, since there's a lot of overlap in training these three muscles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 7:59 pm 

I would probably choose shoulders to go with Legs and Back.

This way you would get a fresh go at your biceps with the chest and triceps. You wont be doing them after back exercises. Can do alternating sets of triceps and biceps.

Then you can do a nice compound move for your shoulders which will be different enough but still expose the body to a strong upper body compound lift besides bench press. otherwise you will be left training shoulder less on the chest day because you will be too tired, and you will be training biceps less on back/leg day.

I say this only if you can recover between those workouts. IE, biceps on day 1 doesnt make back work too hard on day 2.

YOu said you were doing a 2 day split but that you will workout 3 times per week?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 5:26 am 
n00b
n00b

And what about chest with the legs and back it the same workout? I ask that because i just realized that it would save me some money because i don't have so much plates for my dumbells at home...
Yes, i'm considering 3 times per week workout, every 2-3 days so every muscle group would be done about 1.5 times a week

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:48 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

How about the good old upper/lower split? It makes a lot more sense to me personally than trying to mix and match all these body parts. Also consider push/pull as another option.

Post subject: Ariana
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:02 am 
DELETED

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]