ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: what is CNS
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:42 pm 
what does CNS stand for, what does it mean etc, i read that you burn out the CNS if you contstantly train to failure.

what i do isnt that i just keep upping the weight every session by 5-10% and eventually ill hit a weight where i fail on at least one of my sets, and what ive been doing is just stopping my set right there, mabye i should do a drop set ? slightly lower weight but same reps? or should i just stop? anyways once i fail i stay at that weight until i no longer fail, then i add 5-10% more weight next session some times i fail again some times i dont

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:46 pm 
Exalted Seer
Exalted Seer

CNS = Central Nervous System

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:49 pm 
ah so i wont burn out the CNS doing what i do? or could i? and what are the warning signs? as well someone was talking to me about the neural pathway connections to the muscle and how focusing on the muscle and concentraining will let you lift cleaner and lift more weight, and i tried it out and i increase my tricep weight by 10 pounds! anyone else use this? is it wise to use all the time?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:43 am 

Training the way you train can still overtax the CNS. It depends on the rep range but if you are under 6 reps, then you are working an intensity range driven atleast partly by the CNS aqnd if you never move out of that intensity range, your CNS will likely get burned out and you will start get weaker.

THe signs are that you will start going backwards in progress.

IDeally you are able to predict the signs ahead of time so you dont have to rest but can change routine before your reach the point of going backwards and thus make continued progress.

Of course, this is very difficult and even very advanced lifters are constantly trying to do this.

When you say focus or concentrate I think that is fine, and that is how you should train, but getting a psyche can supposedly be harder on the CNS than a non psyche.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 12:59 am 
ah makes sense, i cycle right now every 8 weeks from 3 sets of 6 to 3 sets of 12 that way i can enjoy both types of hyperthrophy, so im assuming while im in the 8 weeks of 12 reps my CNS can recover as long as i dont train to failure very often? and about psyching up yeah i havent tried that i just try to take in as much O2 i can and focus on what im doing and try to breathe properly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:32 am 
You could do your low rep sets to failure and your high rep not. Or you could do the first 4 weeks of each cycle to failure and not fail on the 2nd 4 weeks of both. Keep it close to failure or you may need more sets. Which there is nothing wrong with that either by the way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:04 am 
john wrote:
ah makes sense, i cycle right now every 8 weeks from 3 sets of 6 to 3 sets of 12 that way i can enjoy both types of hyperthrophy, so im assuming while im in the 8 weeks of 12 reps my CNS can recover as long as i dont train to failure very often? and about psyching up yeah i havent tried that i just try to take in as much O2 i can and focus on what im doing and try to breathe properly

John just a suggestion, but i'd maybe cut back those 8 week periods a little bit...to like 6 or 4. 8 weeks is a little long for the same rep range imo, you're progress will probably have stopped by the 6 mark anyway. Also maybe add a 4th set for the 6 reps..

Post subject: raphael
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:13 am 
DELETED

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]