ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Question
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:57 pm 
former lurker

Hello to all. I have been reading this forum for some time, and today is the day I finally decided to create an account, and post something. lol Luck you!

I have a question. I have been doing weight lifting for over six months now, and I have lost a considerable amount of weight; which I am very proud of. Due to some health issues, a broken right foot, plantar fasciitis on my left foot, and woman related health issues, I have been ordered by my doctor to not workout for at least 3 weeks. Well, the three weeks is almost over, and I'm concerned about a few exercises that I do that may aggravate my feet from healing; the deadlifts and the leg press.

I'm doing 110lbs on the deadlifts -romanian and sumo- and 280lbs on the leg press. Is there any other type of exercise that I can do that won't aggravate my feet?

I realize that when I get back to working out, I won't be able to do the same weights as I use to, kinda disheartening because of the long way I've come from, but understandable. Any ideas you guys can give me will be greatly appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:19 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Just drop leg press, deadlift and calf press. Just do leg curls and leg extensions and hip adduction/abduction until your feet are better. Then you can go back. I don't think you'll lose much strength. A couple weeks and you'll be back to your personal bests again.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]