ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:02 pm 
Novice
Novice

21mar2007 I ran 3 miles in 30 min.

22mar2007

Today I actually did some real exercise. I did a tabata style circut with the following excercises. Tabata is 8 rounds of20 sec of work followed by 10 sec of rest . I only did 4 rounds. I recorded my reps of each excercise. Your score is the total of your worst rounds.

squats 14 17 18 15
pushups 21 12 10 9
situps 14 11 15 14
wallball 9 9 10 8
burpee 4 4 5 4

Wall ball is not the best for tabata. You dont get many burpees out of it but they are a great finisher. 10 pound med ball. score 45. downloaded a great timer for this off the crossfit forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 1:22 am 
Novice
Novice

today I ran for about an hour on a hilly trail. I don't know how far it was but I will measure the trail the next time I run it with a gps. But it killed me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:28 am 
Novice
Novice

I'm Baaaack. I've had alot of problems with my shoulder. I was in a combatives tournament and I reinjured it. I have just been doing PT and rehab type stuff since then. I did a pretty good workout today so I think I'll get back into it. I miss bending so I think I'll get back into that. I also bought a trainer and a no 1 gripper from iron mind so I'm going to work on that stuff. I still really can't do pullups and kettlebell work sometimes feels like my shoulder will come out of socket. I'm weighing in at 191 right now and I started doing FAST-5 style dieting with paleo food so I'll let you know how I'm doing on that. I thought the first week was going to suck but on the 3rd day I was blazing on a pt run and I'm normally hurting at this weight. If you don't know about this diet, basically I don't eat until between 5 pm and 10 pm with paleo foods. Right now I just eat paleo until I'm full but soon I'll ajust for calories . OK, I'll post my workout for the day now.

3000 meter row 15:45

1 handed dumbell clean and press on each side

1 with 30#
2 with 35#
2 with 45#
4 with 55#

that's it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 5:45 am 
Novice
Novice

today I did some light work of a mixture of pushups, situps, ab wheel, squats, handstands, parallette tucks, medicine ball pushups, and medicine ball snatches. I really didn't count reps. I just did some active rest type stuff and did some stretching. My shoulder and elbow held up pretty good during the medicine ball pushups. I'm Bar B Qing tonight. Happy 4th.

PS: I weighed in at 188 this morning.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:56 pm 
Novice
Novice

Today I did 3 rounds of 30 burpees and 30 situps in 16:12. I warmed up with some handstands against a wall and some squats.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:12 pm 
Novice
Novice

Today I just played with my kettlebells, a 40lbs sand bag and a jumprope for about an hour while my kid played in the yard with the other kids. I had an audience so I didn't get a hard, focused workout in. I did some kettlebell juggling and some double kettlebell work. I finished it off with 4 rounds of 5 burpees, 5 sandbag clean and press, and 5 double kettlebell clean and press from the floor. After that I did some pushups with the kids and that was it.

Shawn Casey

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:42 am 
Novice
Novice

Today I did some 60/120s at the track for 7 rounds, 24 walking lunges, and 50 pushups. 60/120s is sprinting for 60 seconds then jogging or walking for 120 seconds. After that I moved heavy desks all day so, I'm counting that as a workout. It was very functional, especially when I almost fell down the stairs while carrying a desk that was a four man lift.

The last two days I worked on handstands, L-sits and tuck supports for an hour. I just moved from one to the other. I also worked on handstand pushups by putting some books on the ground and then I would kick up against the wall and lower my head to the books. My body will probably be shot tomarrow from moving but, we shall see.

Shawn Casey

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:31 pm 
Novice
Novice

The workout I did today was crossfit's "Cindy" workout.

5 pullups
10 pushups
15 squats

as many rounds as you can do in 20 min.

I did 8 rounds and stopped with a minute to go. I just couldn't do any more pullups. I'm going to have to work on pullups.

I got 2 captains of crush grippers. A trainer and a number 1. I can close the trainer but I still have about a half inch to go with my left hand and about 2 inches to go on my right. They sure are fun to play with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 5:23 pm 
Novice
Novice

Today I warmed up by doing some overhead squats with pvc pipe and some handstands. Then I did 100 burpees in 13:03. I'm still sore from the pullups on friday. I guess I shouldn't have done so many. I thing the 3 things I'm going to work on religiously are pullups overhead squats and handstands. I really never did any overhead squats and I realized how benificial it can be. Just using that pvc pipe was hard and it stretched me out pretty good, too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:42 pm 
Novice
Novice

This morning I ran 3 1/2 miles. I didn't time it but I ran the last half hard. This evening I did a little gripwork, 5 sets of 2 with the Trainer gripper and worked on handstands against a wall. 30 pushups, 30 situps 20 overheadsquats with pvc pipe. Pretty much just some stuff to get the blood flowing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:45 pm 
Novice
Novice

This morning, I practice capoeira with a buddy that's pretty good at it. We practiced for 2 hours and called it quits. I think I like capoeira better than combatives. I guess it's because I don't get hurt all the time and I get a good workout doing it. There's alot of gymnastics to it too and it's fun!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:58 pm 
Novice
Novice

I got back from my trip and I'm sorry to say I put on some pounds. I was on vacation for a month and I ate a ton. I drank a ton of beer. I'm at 195 right now. I did some research and decided to do the zone diet. I'm going to do 14 blocks + 1 1/2 fat. I looked through some websites like performance menu and the zone website and I just settled with this setup to start out. The fast 5 really didn't work for me. Maybe I'll try it again some time but I'll stay with this zone setup for 3 months and see what happens. Here's my workout for yesteday and today.

crossfit warmup

15-9-3 reps of
thrusters and pullups
took me 13 min 34 sec

today I did the crossfit warmup
then did 4 400m runs in these times
1:38
1:48
1:46
1:44
I've been working on the pose style of running and I'm getting the hang of it. Those runs are actually pretty good considering the extra weight I put on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:55 pm 
Novice
Novice

I decided to start posting again after a long layoff.

Today I did the Crossfit WOD joshie, scaled

3 rounds of

11 dumbell squat snatch l arm
11 pullups
11dumbell squat snatch r arm
11 pullups
21 min 50 sec

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:42 pm 
Novice
Novice

pack version of the wod

3 rounds of
500 m row
145lbs 15 reps

12:32

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 5:10 pm 
Novice
Novice

150 burpees for time

20:01

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next