ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:22 pm 
Yea the Roman statue thing is the look I have. Well Roman statue with 16% body fat. So it's still kind of a squishy statue. I'm just saying you probably don't have to do all that ab stuff. If you do mostly machines then maybe you do though. When you do single side, don't rest between sides. That does seem like an awful lot of isolation too. Right now, for example here is what I am doing on Tuesdays.
6-8 reps to failure at 90%+ with 4 minutes rest.
barbell bent over row 3
cable front pulldown 1
dumbbell curls 1
hammer curls 1
wrist curl 1
reverse wrist curl 1

Now sometimes I do double the sets and half the rest, same reps at 70%. Sometimes I do single sets all with triple drops too. With German volume training I do a couple sets more then you on back, but still not as many as you on arms.

It's up to you. I'm just saying you probably have all your results before you finish your workout.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 2:06 pm 
If I do 3-4 sets of rows or pull-downs that includes 2-3 warmup sets pyramiding up to 1 working set. I'm a big believer in ample warmup.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:53 am 
Oh that's different then. The routine I listed doesn't include the warm up sets I do. On that day I do all my warm up sets before hand. Just cut the rest down on your warm up sets. The lighter sets before hand don't really count twoards the 1 hour thing anyway. With pyramids it is hard to say where the warm ups stop and the working sets begin. Still seems like a lot for arms though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:15 pm 
Actually, I'm thinking of changing around my training split again. Right now I'm doing as follows:

Monday - chest, triceps, abs/obliques
Tuesday - back, biceps, forearms
Wednesday - rest
Thurday - delts, traps, abs/obliques
Friday - quads, hamstrings, calves
Saturday - rest
Sunday - rest

I'm thinking of changing this to:

Monday - delts, biceps, forearms
Tuesday - back, traps, abs/obliques
Wednesday - rest
Thursday - chest, triceps, abs/obliques
Friday - quads, hamstrings, calves
Saturday - rest
Sunday - rest

This way my back day and delt day will be roughly equal in duration, instead of one long and one short. Also, I don't think training biceps the day before back will be a problem, since I've done so before. Meanwhile, if start having trouble with my grip on pulldowns, rows and shrugs, I can always move forearms to Tuesdays and abs/obliques to Mondays.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:16 pm 
Another advantage of the latter is that it allows me to prioritize delts and biceps, two weak points for me.

Post subject: jackson
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:45 am 
DELETED

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2