ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:39 pm 

Type or band?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:41 pm 

Metal or Rock. ALMOST anything that falls under those genres as well. There is some weird s*** under the Rock/Metal catagory. ex: Cradle of Filth

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:32 pm 

I don't really listen to anything when I lift. My gym just plays satellite radio and it is usually junk as far as getting you jacked goes and I think headphones are a distraction.

I do listen to when I do cardio/ride my bike/ go for walks however and listen to some hard rock and techno.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:43 am 

No music.

I don't even hear what they are playing in my gym, the only thing I hear is my own heart beating and my mind saying 'You're regretting that donut now fatboy' :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:01 am 

We recently had a poll at our gym. Someone complained about the noise so the cut out the music altogether. The poll revealed that most wanted the classic rock station played at moderate volume. If that wasn't allowed it was any music as long as it was something. During that week without music I learned just how load the treadmills upstairs were.

My choice was the classic rock.

Stu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:36 am 
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

My gym plays crap. I can't describe it actually. I sometimes get the impression that they're trying to get me to give up on life, never mind my work out with the music they play.

I would prefer rock. i've been thinking of getting an Ipod to use when I train. I like how people that wear them appear to be in there own world, so no one really bothers them. I think the headphones might annoy me though... I'll just keep contemplating....

KPj

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:59 am 
Associate Member
Associate Member

I don't listen to music during my training, just because they don't really like my kind of music at home :D It's called harddance (hardcore, Jumpstyle and French Tek). here are a few good 'songs' if interested: Enter the timemachine (tha Playah, Mad Dog), wonderfull dancing (Jump Killer), Private Projection (Chicago Zone), don't mind the namen : F*** the titties (Tha Playah),...

It's quite popular here in Belgium and Holland

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:35 pm 

"i've been thinking of getting an Ipod to use when I train. I like how people that wear them appear to be in there own world, so no one really bothers them." -- KPj

A weight room is one place I definitely want to be aware of my surroundings. I there's someone pinned under a bar across the room, or some moron about to drop a dumbbell on my foot I want to know about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:43 pm 

PS.) My gym plays bad pop music, which is anoying, but better than the easy listening elevator music they play at some places. That stuff makes me want to take a nap.

Of course, if it were up to me I'd play a lot of hard rock and metal ... stuff like Metalica, Black Sabath and ACDC.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:41 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I am also a hard rock, metal, punk kind of guy. I don't like wearing headphones at the gym though. So I listen to their horrible 1998 to 2004 club and pop music. I'd rather listen to a man dying of terminal flatulence. I just try to ignore it and focus on my lifting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:02 pm 

Top Ten bands for me to listen to when i work out:

slayer
slayer
slayer
slayer
slayer
slayer
slayer
slayer
slayer
slayer

Heavy metal for repititive heavy metal elevation!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:51 pm 

daniel4738 wrote:
No music.

I don't even hear what they are playing in my gym, the only thing I hear is my own heart beating and my mind saying 'You're regretting that donut now fatboy' :D

LOL...is this a dodgeball reference?

Heh...we need more guys like on this site at my gym...how are u gonna get pumped for a set listening to michael jackson or something similiar?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 8:01 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Dancehall reggae- Capleton, Mad Cobra, Beenie Man, Damian Marley... anything with a heavy baseline.

Punk works too, but sometimes makes me want to throw the weights instead of just lift them.

Though mostly I go with silence, especially for more intense workouts. Clear the brain of the day's mental garbage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:30 am 

Thumbs up to slayer :), not a punk fan, some rap also works depending on the song...

I like using headphones when I work out but it gets really annoying when the cord gets caught on something or if the mp3 player is in a location that it can be smashed/damaged by your carelessness. My mp3 player is basically a brick. Creative ZEN Vision

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:48 pm 
n00b
n00b

I just wish my gym would stop playing their crap so I could actually listen to my own music. My headphones don't go loud enough to drown out the random (and it does seem truly random) crappy music they play, and trying to listen to my stuff over theirs is worse than just putting up with theirs.

To be honest I hardly ever notice what music is on.

When I can, though, I'm an EDM fan -- hard trance, drum'n'bass, etc.