ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 2:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: supraspinatus
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:23 am 
I think I may have strained my supraspinitus a couple weeks ago. I think it happened when I was going real heavy on shoulder press. I tried to kick one side up and I didn't quite get it, so I was lifting with my elbow down pretty low. The next day it felt a little sore just like the rest of the muscles I worked. The thing is, it has never gone away. It doesn't hurt much at all, and it only hurts just a slight bit more when I lift heavy. I'm just worried because it isn't going away. Is it something that just takes a while? Or do I have to stop the heavy lifting and maybe do a lighter higher volume program for a while? Or do I have to avoid all excercises that use it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:14 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

How long have you rested it? If you strain something really good it may take more than a week, even longer if you're not eating or or there are other mitigating factors.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:21 pm 
Talk to a doctor about it. If your shoulder doesn't heal properly now, it may lead to increased wear and tear to the joint itself and more problems down the road.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:10 pm 
Well I rested it a week, then worked again, then another week of rest, then worked it again and 2 more days rest so far. It has not gotten better or worse. So I am not sure if it is just going to take a while to heal, or if my lifting is going to keep it from healing.

The only other time I have ever been hurt was when I screwed up doing straight legs, I had the weight out a little too far. It hurt fairly bad, but it was ok in 3 days or so. After a week I was working it again.

This is just so weird because it's not going away but it doesn't hurt much at all. I suppose if nobody has any ideas, I'll give it another week and if it's still still there, I'll try lighter. If that doesn't do it, I'll just do all isolation for chest and delts so it doesn't have any tension put on it.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]