ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: Newwwsss
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:06 pm 
Hello recently I read a study that showed that talking in high protein and low carb makes hair fall off. Now what can I do about somthing like this...... Does anyone know more about this

Thank You
David

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:09 am 
Yea, it's total rubish. I have done it for a couple years and know lots of other people who have too. Neither me or anyone I have ever met has had this problem.

There are always people frothing at the mouth about it. They say it causes kidney failure, diabetes, heart attacks, strokes, cancer and more. There really isn't any proof and so much proof to the contrary.

In fact it has reversed my health problems and the problems of other people I know.

You will find that there are big lobby groups that demonize any and every diet that dares to say not to eat any certain food. That is why the government food pyramid is watered down rubish. It actually says it is ok to use your extra calories to dump a bunch of sugar on some cereal that you probably shouldn't be eating anyway. There is a lot of money made selling cheaply made sugar and white flour products at high mark up. They do not want people's eating habits to change. There was an article about that in Men's Health last year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:53 am 
In Memoriam: TimD

Moved to Diet and Nutrition - Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:14 am 

Well, to the guest Ironman. I'm not sure that I agree with you 100 per cent, but what you are talking about, e.g. the lobbies, and not letting the studies go through, well, hell yes. It's true. Its a fact that cutrting out processed foods like sugar packed breakfast cereals cuts the percentage of coming down with diabetes II by almost 80%. So does just plain eating smart. Too many famililies are so cash strapped, that they feed their kids the fast food crap, have to work work with two parents, if their even is a two parent home, and then can't even do a sit down meal with the kids even once a week. Now, where is my rant going to, wel, to here. A number of very well known cardiologists have come up with the idea that if you eat naturaually, skip any processeced foods, your risk of all things goes down dramatidally. As to diabetes being caused by high protein diets, I'm still laughing. Thats one of the known cures. Ask me. I know. I just brought my Dad in to live with me, and he just got Diabetes II, I give him a Zone diet, and guess what, he's off meds now. Hair falling out? Well. I'm 56, a few hairs gone, and it's all still black as the day I was born, and i've been doing low carb since 1962.
Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:56 pm 

lmao - so that's what has been causing it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:41 am 
Novice
Novice

Dave,
Did you actually read the study, or did you read a write upabout that study? I'm a fairley analytical guy (have to watch out for analysis paralysis most of time) and tend to base my decisions (concerning exercise and diet) around known scientific studies and common sense. To that extent one of the first places I look for solid info is pubmed.com. While I don't always understand the jargon, I get the gist most of the time.

Lately, however, I found out about this John Berardi fella and t-nation.com. Their information is impressive, sources are rock solid, attitude is light hearted. They've made demystifying my diet and exercise needs fun and entertaining. Not trying to plug them or anything, but they don't generally repeat hearsay without first testing the information out.

I use exercise "plans" from t-nation, picking specific exercises from exrx.net, and diet guidlines from JB. So far its working like a charm.

That is all...

Post subject: Dylan
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:23 am 
DELETED

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 7 posts ]