ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 6:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:04 pm 
Matt,
Here is an ad from Ironmind that shows a hip-belt attached to a bar.

http://www6.mailordercentral.com/ironmi ... umber=1220

Keith

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:05 pm 
In Memoriam: TimD

Hi Matt. To answer your question, we held a HEX DB by the head, and it was in the vertical position. Think palms facing, elbows down, and inside the knees. If you have problems visualizing that, I think I can sare up a few websites that show it.
Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 10:12 pm 
So is the dumbbell directly in front of your sternum?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:08 am 

Matt, this thread is on "Goblet Squats", which seem to be almost the same thing I was describing. This link will put you into the second page. Scroll down to the third or furth post, and you will see a picture. The whole thread (you can back up into the first page by choosing the archive block at the top) contains good descriptions. Thought this would be easier than trying to describe it.
http://www.crossfit.com/discus/messages/22/20484.html
Enjoy
Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:17 am 
I do barbell hack squats regularly now, since im working out at home with no rack. The only negative about it though is that you are limited to what your grip strength will allow you to hold (ala the deadlift) I do mine like deadlifts, bringing the bar all the way to the floor and resetting each rep. If i dont do it like that i tend to cheat a little bit on reps and not go down far enough...or worse yet the bar will end up rolling on me and ill start losing my grip. Hmmm i wonder if you can use a mixed grip with the hack squat...i never thought of that till just now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:37 pm 
I've heard you can use a mixed grip for hack squats though I've never tried it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:24 am 
Im definitely gonna have to try that then, my grip always gives out before my legs do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:21 pm 
Tim D thanks for the picture. That looks like roughly the same stance I've been using for barbell squats. Also, I try to focus on a point slightly above eye level on the wall in front of me when I squat. This helps somewhat, but still can't seem to find my groove. As a result, I'm always reluctant to try a little more weight, or for a few more reps at the end of a set for fear my form will come unglued.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2