ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:51 am 
Novice
Novice

I'm all about Ron Paul. I registered as a Republican JUST to be able to vote for him in our primary.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:29 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Ironman wrote:
...Gore was a pretty bad candidate and Kerry wasn't much better. This year we might actually get someone worth voting for....

I don't think badly of Gore except that he gave up the court challenge - not a good decision for Presidential material.

Kerry should have taught us all a lesson: you can't expect a shoe-in just because the incumbent was so bad. You still need a solid policy and a convincing argument why you should be selected for the job.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:43 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Giving up the court challenge was the only good thing he did. The whole idea behind it was ridiculous. He wanted to count only the undervotes from just the 3 most liberal counties. Then after the courts stopped it, the people kept counting them anyway, and Bush STILL came out ahead. I would take Gore over Bush any day, but Gore is still a sore loser with nothing to offer. Besides that I would take this mornings bowel movement over Bush, so that's not saying much for Gore. At least Kerry didn't drag it out like a big baby. You are right about letting everything hinge on voting against Bush being a really stupid idea though.

But hey, McCain got the nomination. While I may not like his position on Iraq, at least he's not a holy roller. So finally for once there are no fundies. Nobody who is totally bat $h17 crazy. So I'm breathing a sigh of relief. I'm still hoping for an Obama victory though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:09 am 
In Memoriam: TimD

Speaking of an Obama victory, that race between him and Ms C is getting UGLY. I'm watching the regular Sun Morning punditocracy shows right now, and the Dems are looking at a fiasco, possible superdelegates could come in and steal it, MS C, if not outright lying, is certainly bending some truths, and they're both pandering like crazy. Looks like mc Cain can sit back, take a breather and build up some cash before the conventions, then the real war starts.
Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:00 pm 
Associate Member
Associate Member

I really hope it doesn't boil down to a superdelegates' choice. According to me, if this happens, a lot of people won't want to vote for the other democratic candidate if 'their' democratic candidate lost the vote.
And as a result McCain will become president.

I really hope Obama will win, although there aren't a lot of delegates left to make the difference.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:19 pm 

Wouter, your fears are absolutley founded. I was listening to talk radio here in the state Friday, and Tony Snow was subbing in for Bill O'Reilly, and one caller was a young-ish African American female, that recently graduated from Harvard, and made the comment that Obama had done wonders for the party b bringing in the younger, never before voters, and that coalition is pretty much dedicated to boycott if there is any thing that represents "stealing" the nomination. If MS C wins by delegates/popular vote, they won't have a problem with it, but they won't tolerate manipulations.
Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:10 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I would be upset by superdelegates deciding the election regardless of who they pick. I don't even like the state thing. It should just be a national vote. Everyone can vote in *ONE* party's primary. Then whoever gets the most votes wins. Simple as that. I'm against the electoral college too. I think it should just be one big national vote, no electorate, nothing broken down by state, just simply whoever gets the most votes wins.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:43 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

The problem is, the primaries are inventions of the political parties--if the Democrats and Republicans want to campaign one candidate, and they want to use the primary system to decide who that is, then that is totally up to them. My issue is that it is so hard for a third party candidate to make the ballot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:44 pm 

Quote:
I really hope Obama will win, although there aren't a lot of delegates left to make the difference.

Ditto that, if Hillary ends up the Dem Candidate then I will end up voting for McCain. I don't have it in me to vote for her, nothing to do with gender bias or anything. Shes just this monster who does and says anything to try and get votes.