ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:32 am 

Ironman I have seen some pretty nice chicks doing workouts on those balls. HAHA. My opinion on any workout plan be open to suggestions and or change. Sometimes change is good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:36 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yea, I agree it can be fun to watch. However if woman trains with heavy weights they get better results. I have gotten obese women to drop fat at incredible rates while gaining muscle which helps tighten things up for a better look. Not only that, after a few months they are a little stronger than your average untrained man. From what I was told the guys are quite shocked when they see a woman lifting heavier than they can. I just wish I had been there to see it.

Imagine a woman who has lost 75 pounds, Dropped countless dress sizes, but is still overweight or maybe even obese, has gained enough muscle mass to where you can see it a little even through the fat. And she can flat bench a pair of 50's for 10, Romanian deadlift a pair of 60's for 10, leg press 350 for 10 on a Nautilis machine and barbell bent over row 110 for 10.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:51 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

dont judge me ironman you dont even know me, or my educationand back round. what makes you so qualified? if my whole statement is true and you agree with it. why the hell put me down? your putting your self down by agreeing with me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:10 pm 

chris he may not have been talking to you so relax....no one was questioning anything. have a great day

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:17 pm 

There are so many books out there and so many of them are lame. the personal trainer ones do seem to be about small weights and high reps. There are several good books out there for strength training:

"Starting Strength, 2nd ed." and "Practical Programming" by Mark Rippetoe
"The New Rules of Lifting" by Alwyn Cosgrove
"Optimizing Strength Training" by Kraemer & Fleck
"Supertraining" by Mel Siff
"Super Squats" by Randall J. Strossen
"Powerlifting Basics, Texas-Style" by Paul Kelso

And the book that everyone else refers too:
"Science and practice of strength training" by Vladimir M. Zatsiorsky

This list by Amazon has all these books and lots more but I can't vouch for the others:
http://www.amazon.com/Required-Reading- ... _1_rsrsrs0

Stu

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2