ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Pet Peeve(s)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:43 am 

Everybody has those little things that they cringe over and make them obsessed with it. It can be anything, in the gym, at home, in the media, or no relevance to much of anything.

I huge one of mine is the way people talk, one thing I hear all the time and I'm obsessed with now is how people use the word 'seen' wrong. Such as "Oh, I seen that", no you didn't "seen" that you SAW that.

Last edited by ironmaiden708 on Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:56 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

My biggest one is when people cc my boss when they try to force me to do something. They soon discover that gets them nothing but my wrath.

People who type in all caps is another one.

Driving slow in the fast lane.

People who can't talk right are kind of irritating though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:20 pm 

bad drivers and getting the order wrong at a fast food place how the hell can you get something so simple as fast food wrong? Also people that can't take sarcasm irritate me. For example I have a friend who thinks this guy chris that we play football with is like god hes awesome wow did you just see that run. I'm like eh it was mediocre. He gets pissed. haha kind of funny though. OHHHH and when someone trys talking to me when playing cod thats.... a no no haha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 2:24 pm 
In Memoriam: TimD

OK, my main one is people that way overthink/overanalyze things. What if this? What if that? What if a frog had pockets, he'd carry a gun and shoot snakes.

Another one, and I see it a lot on the boards, people want you to do their research for them.
Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:24 pm 

Another thing that annoys the hell out of me is those skinny 'gangsta' white kids that you see these days. Who seem to live the hard life in a suburbs of California. Then on top of that think they are toughest thing that ever "roamed the streets" even though some of them wouldn't be able to do a 8 rep set of just a olympic bar.

Quote:
What if a frog had pockets, he'd carry a gun and shoot snakes.
I never even imagined a concept like that before...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:23 am 

I get your point on the "gangsta" thing. What's crazy, is I think that most of the kids that but the albums (or whatever medium that stuff comes out on now) are the young kids in the suburbs. To differentiate between Hip Hop and Gangsta though, I can remember when that culture first started coming out 20 some years back, and it was just fun street music for the most part, and yes, there were some that were complaining about certain things in ife, but none of this "Kill Cops" crap. I remember seeing a movie years back with Run DMC, LL KoolJ, and the fat boys. Crush Groov I think was the name. I almost died laughing when he Fat Boys did this thing on "All you Can Eat" These 3 300 lb plus guys went into one of these Buffets and were eating their way through the plae.
Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:03 am 
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

I love how everybody just assumes then every black rapper is a hardcore thug in real life. Kanye West is from Connecticut.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:18 am 

By the way, I've noticed that without a weopon or five of their friends backing them up, most real life thugs are chickens**t little bitches. One of the funnyest things is to get some "tough" city kids out in the woods somewhere, away from any roads or signs of human habitation, especially at night. With every little noise they're like "WHAT WAS THAT?" Now that's gangsta.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:35 am 

Also you get to see people like flava flave who has got to be the biggest joke I have seen in my life. Wears a stupid hallmark clock with glitter glued on it around his neck. Is built like a twig, totally self enveloped, retarded, and has his own show filled with these disgusting looking women.

Quote:
By the way, I've noticed that without a weopon or five of their friends backing them up, most real life thugs are chickens**t little bitches. One of the funnyest things is to get some "tough" city kids out in the woods somewhere, away from any roads or signs of human habitation, especially at night. With every little noise they're like "WHAT WAS THAT?" Now that's gangsta.

Thats the only way these people get acceptance from others, put on a fake image. Accually thats the way alot of society works with people around my age. Then later in life they get to realise it was all for nothing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:59 am 

I remember the Flava Flave roast on Comedy Central. One of roasters said that "Flava Flave looks like Majic Johnson should look!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:16 am 

I'm not going to hijack the thread. Will open another one, but you guys got me thinking about the reality shows and who is or are not celebrities via the reality shows.
Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:21 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yeah, but not all rappers are trying to put on a thug persona. For example, Kanye West is not a gangster rapper, and he doesn't try to be one. I think rap in general is kind of moving away from that emphasis.

On a somewhat related point, I get pretty annoyed when people say something is bad when they really mean to say they don't like it, especially with music. Most people are not qualified to objectively critique music, movies, etc., if that is even possible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:59 am 

The Heb, Rap in general isn't bad, and isn't the problem. Like I said earler, it's street music, and can be really fun, in other cases it can be a harsh description of reality. Neither of those two are the problem. The problem comes w/ the Gangsta crap, the N words being thrown all over, pimp's, ho's bitches, cappin' people's asses. Along w/that, a lot of the artists are pushing that stuff because, as the OP pointed out, it's the rich little white kid's in the burbs that are pumping money in to buy it, and trying to emulate the so called gangsta image. Nothing at all is being done to discourage it because of economic pressure. Unfortunately, all you hear about is the gansta image when rap is referred to, so people hear the phrase "rap", they think "gangsta. Not really the case, but it is true
Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:05 am 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Yeah Tim I totally agree. I wasn't saying that anyone here was specifically detracting rap, but the topic just reminded me of my pet peeve. I do not like gangster rap at all. I also think that it's not harmless, because it has a negative influence on young kids who listen to it. In this sense, it is OK to say that gangster rap is "bad," if you think that something that can cause kids to swear/hate women/hate homosexuals/wanna carry guns/wanna do drugs is "bad," and I think most people would.

(Of course, someone could argue that gangster rap doesn't cause these things, but that would spawn a whole new argument)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:06 am 

Quote:
Kanye West is from Connecticut.

Have you ever seen the hoods up there in Connecticut? Them places are straight up dope G!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 161 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next