ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:30 am 
n00b
n00b

1. People who sit on a piece of equipment while either a) resting for their next set, or b) not doing anything but using it as a place to put their towels while they wait for their buddies to finish a set on another piece.

2. People who do more talking than excersising

3. The guys who have to look at themselves in every mirror they pass by

4. People who toss on a bunch of wieght, then use poor or no form to move it.

5. People who use a piece of cardio like a couch, sitting around barely moving for 45 minutes, not even breaking a sweat.

6. Bad unsolicited advice from whoever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:40 am 
Novice
Novice

hahaha i agree with all of them and also i dislike

1. people who cut infront of me while doing curls or what not while im using the mirror for form

2. people that are jacked upper body but look like they havent walked a mile in their lives with their twig legs.

3. chicks with bigger legs then me!! haha

4. people that are hugely jacked shrugging 490 lbs on a barbell like its nothing in turn making every other normal guy look at him with his jaw dropped

5. people that hog machines benches or equipment its not yours share it haha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:59 pm 

Quote:
1. People who sit on a piece of equipment while either a) resting for their next set, or b) not doing anything but using it as a place to put their towels while they wait for their buddies to finish a set on another piece.

-Tell him to move his a$$ so you can go on it.

Quote:
4. People who toss on a bunch of wieght, then use poor or no form to move it.

-Do it with that same weight but with perfect form and in a way so he can see it.

Quote:
5. People who use a piece of cardio like a couch, sitting around barely moving for 45 minutes, not even breaking a sweat.

Those people are the money makers for the gyms and make other people who are about 10% less lazy than them feel good about themselves.

Quote:
6. Bad unsolicited advice from whoever.

-Make up some BS advice and give it right back

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:02 pm 
Novice
Novice

wow arnold did the advice thing one time or i read he did. Some aspiring young weight lifter went up to arnold and said hey i want to be huge like you arnold said do the salt diet 3 teaspoons of salt in a glass of water like 5 times a day supposedly the kid got really sick or something i wouldnt give false advice just say thanks and or get a head set with music so people will be less likely to talk to you lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:54 am 

That kid must have been a moron to believe something as stupid as a salt diet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:41 am 
Novice
Novice

not everyone is as informed as you are ironmaiden. This was back in the 70's mind you so. yea not sure you were evn born then. I know i wasnt and im sure there was a lot of unknowns back then. so yea

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:19 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

I'd like to add that I don't like people taking weights from my machine as I am clearly using it. How can they assume I won't be using those same weights next then I'll have to steal them back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:50 am 
Deific Wizard of Sagacity
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

tostig wrote:
I'd like to add that I don't like people taking weights from my machine as I am clearly using it. How can they assume I won't be using those same weights next then I'll have to steal them back.

lol afraid to say i'm guilty of that. The SMITH machine in the commercial gym i train at also gets used to stack weights on when their not being used. I take weights off all the time when someones using it and must admit that a part of me feels a little guilty. Still... If i could get the weight from anywhere else I would but there's not a huge amount in the place.... That's what they get for using a smith machine anyway ;-P

KPj

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:02 pm 
In Memoriam: TimD

All good reasons not to join a gym. To the OP's list. I was sent out to Orange County Ca on business for 3 months a few years back, and across the street fro our hotel complex, there was a Gold's gym. Not bad. Everything imaginable under the sun was available. They had the latest Hammer Strength unilateral machines, reguar cable devices and tons of free weights, BB and DB. I was usually on a night shift schedule, so going in at 10 in the morning wasn't a problem. However, when I tried to in around 8 at night, you got these pumped up wannabe guys and chicks in there. Some gal would come in there, doing a BP, hoard the station, and guys would come around, sit on the bench trying to pick her up. Like a GD singles bar. That's why I train on my back porch with my dogs.
Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:10 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

KPj wrote:
tostig wrote:
...Still... If i could get the weight from anywhere else I would but there's not a huge amount in the place.... That's what they get for using a smith machine anyway ;-P
KPj

That'll be a segue to my next annoyance - walking all over the floor just to find the right weight. Why don't people put the weights back where they belong?

TimD wrote:
...Some gal would come in there, doing a BP, hoard the station, and guys would come around, sit on the bench trying to pick her up. Like a GD singles bar....Tim

Is it too early or are some women going to state how they don't like to be gawked at?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:29 pm 

Hey Tostig, some do, some absoutely hate being gawked at. LOL. Good pontMost that I saw at that Gplds came in w/ desiger workout sport bras and panties, and were obviously flashing everything. Now, in contrast, when I lived in Danmark, my Apt complex was n ext door to the gym, and I was in there one saturday morning and a couple of the local track ladies were in there, and they stripped down to bra and panties, didn't think anything of it, and started their OL based workout. These gals obviously did NOT want to be gawked at, they jus5t wanted to get done what needed to be done, and finito.
Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 4:32 pm 

Hey some females like to be looked at i guess that would boost their self esteem. Also I'm sure some of them just dress comfortable and that happens to be what men like to look at. Can't blame them. What annoys me at the gym is the one uppers I occasionaly work out with when your going for a set of 12 dont do 15 reps. Thats not right. up the weight and hit the right reps. Thats just me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:08 pm 

1. Spotters that hover their hands under the bar or worse won't let go of the damn thing.

2. The powerlifters that chalk the crap out of the bars so that if I'm on a bench or rack nearby I have a nice chalk dust cloud blow in my face.

That's about it for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:41 pm 

1. The morons who stand there with a blank stare and watch you lift.

I don't know how much of this you guys get. But compared to people my age I have much greater amounts of muscle mass. At my school it turns into an instant show when I walk in the fitness center. People stand or sit there and watch me lift. Then after I'm done come over and talk to me or go back to what they are doing until I lift again. Very annoying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:22 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

That always happens to the biggest people at any gym. In my gym there are guys who are very large so I don't usually get watched. When I went on vacation last year, I was the biggest guy there and I did get watched. I kind of like it though.