ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: NFL Draft
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:27 pm 

My team is the Dallas Cowboys they have two picks in the first round with the 22nd and the 28th. I can't wait for the draft. Do we have any other football fans that also lift weights like myself?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:48 pm 
Novice
Novice

I'm a New Orleans Saints fan and not terribly excited for the draft for my team in particular but just to see what major stars go where. The reason for the lack of excitement for my own team is due to the lack of the need for a sexy pick like a QB or WR. Having to draft for mostly DB and LBs kind of bores me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:53 pm 

Well the saints are in need of a defensive overhaul. I do like reggie bush though fast slasher type back who can take a hit. I remember when he got blasted by that dude from the eagles it was awesome and he only had the wind knocked out of him. He's a beast. Who is the player that the supposed experts are saying they'll draft?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:05 pm 
Novice
Novice

Some DB out of USF. I just hope that whoever they end up getting isn't a dud. I'm not asking for a gamebreaker but just someone who can play with competence.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:07 pm 

Who's that receiver you guys found two years ago in the sixth round who was awesome? All I know if Dallas has a good draft they could possibly win it all. With the addition of Zack Thomas I think their d has more heart instantly. I hope dallas takes two cb's in the first round chris johnson the rb in the second round and a back up qb and then maybe a safety to replace roy williams.... Yea he's old slow and can't cover.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:44 pm 

This discussion should probably get moved to lounge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:57 pm 
In Memoriam: TimD
In Memoriam: TimD

Sobeit
Yor request is my command
Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:57 pm 

Marques Colston was the hidden gem, and the Saints do need a better WR (unless they picked up two good ones in FA) so you might get to see a 2nd or 3rd round pick go on a WR that has potential. But whoever said it is right, they do need to pretty much overhaul their D. As a Jags fan, I can't really see any major needs, other than adding depth to our D the only thing I can think of would be the tallest receiver with the best hands that we can get our hands on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:13 pm 

so is ironmaiden a fan of football? Or no? I heard that the jaguars needed to draft a qb. From what i seen gerard is a good qb. Whats with Matt Jones? He was supposed to be the best thing since sliced bread fast big strong with great hops? I though he was going to be amazing. It seems like the jaguars dont use him right? I dont know he had one of the best catches i seen last year it was awesome in the endzone with one hand snag. Amazing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 4:14 pm 

haha well ironmaiden is from buffalo and that might explain it!!! HAHA jk well anyteam that picks off my qb five times and loses.... man that was an awesome game. One of my favorite of all times.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:14 pm 

Quote:
haha well ironmaiden is from buffalo and that might explain it!!! HAHA jk well anyteam that picks off my qb five times and loses.... man that was an awesome game. One of my favorite of all times.
Oh god if it's the game I'm thinking of, that game was a great game, but was a heart crusher. The Bills, they forced me to hate watching football.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:46 am 

haha yea well that was one of my favorite games as a cowboys fan to watch i mean your guys' defense was amazing. It's the offense that was horrendous. All I know is that your guys' crowd was amazing. Those fans were intense. Although I heard philidelphia fans are a lot worse. I would be a crazy fan too if my team never won a superbowl lol. So is there no one on forum that is really interested in football? That is americas sport now. I love it. The hits the tight rope passes the beautiful catches.....nothing better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:31 am 
Novice
Novice

Well I'm a huge football fan in general but prefer college to the NFL. The reason for this is that college football tends to be more consistent in my opinion. In the NFL your team can be great one year and perform poorly the next due to players moving and the like. With college you get to see the same players develop for 3 to 4 years as well as colleges intrinsically represent the state they're in. NFL teams are clubs that happen to be in a city because of the ability to make money there and will move if the going gets tough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 11:43 am 

The main reason well there are two reasons why I really don't watch college ball. One Syracuse has sucked with Greg Robinson thats my team so I can't watch when they're horrible it makes me upset. Also the no playoff thing i hate the bcs and also when the same schools are good all the time the nice weather schools texas miami usc etc thats not cool to me . That sucks. The most I usually watch of college is Mel Kipers mock drafts and the players that are coming up. NFL Any team can win ala the giants they went what 9-7 and won the superbowl? The fact that anyone can win any given sunday is what makes the NFL so intrigueing to me. Not only am I a religious Dallas Cowboys fan but I follow the NFL about as close. I for one can't wait for the draft. Should be awesome.