ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:47 am 
Hi,
Do any of you know the best foods to eat to make you wake up with energy? and wake-up without feeling like you just took a sleeping pill?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:12 am 
Rookie
Rookie

I don't think there are any foods that make you wake up with energy. It depends on your overall daily nutrition. Make sure you are getting a good balance of the macronutrients, and lots of the micronutrients through vegetables and fruit.

There are many discussions on the web about what to eat in the evening- take in complex carbs, don't take in carbs, have lots of protein, have a balanced snack/meal. I feel best when I eat a lunch-type snack in the evening; example, tuna mixed with chopped onion, red pepper and zucchini, lightly seasoned with no-fat salad dressing and stuffed into half a pita, with some fruit on the side. This is something that would be eaten for lunch, but also provides a balanced meal for the evening.

As you fast overnight, your glycogen stores and glucose supply are depleted. I don't know of any food that will last a full 8-10 hours. Much of how you wake up depends on your genetics. My husband has learned not to speak to me first thing in the morning.

Hope this helps...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:57 am 
Rookie
Rookie

If you're waking up feeling that bad, it might be an issue with your sleeping habits, not breakfast.

I find drinking lots of fluids (other than coffee) in the morning makes a lot of difference to my energy levels during the day.

Post subject: Jared
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:22 am 
DELETED

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]