ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 3:46 pm 
Associate Member
Associate Member

Any comments or suggestions on routine are greatly appreciated. Thanks guys!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 8:00 am 

hey seen your workouts and noticed that it seems your biceps are your strong point. Am I wrong? Thats good weight dbell wise on hammer curls def. Looks good as far as I see I'll look over it again see if I can think of anything.

John Corless

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 10:57 am 
Associate Member
Associate Member

My biceps have always been strong, but I don't know what the benefit is besides workin on my "gunz". And actually, my triceps are fairly large, just need to cut some more body fat so they become more defined.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 11:15 am 

well if your ever almost fall off a cliff and your hanging onto the edge having big guns lol could help you pull yourself back up! haha life or death :grin:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 12:18 pm 
Associate Member
Associate Member

Or if someone wants a hug..... lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 12:23 pm 

Yea maybe a hug of death you ever take your measurements down? Thats a great way to track progress. How tall are you how much do you weigh and sizes arm flexed both arms wrists forarms it its biggest point calves ankle thighs chest waist and hips including glutes.... good stuff and like i said a great way to track progress

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 4:31 pm 
Associate Member
Associate Member

I'm using pictures, easier for me to see how im improving. Its not accurate, but thats fine by me, visual appeal is what I'm after, and reduction of that scars visibility.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 5:25 am 
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Ryan, if you cut some fat and improve your muscle definition, that scar will just be interesting "color" and not much more than that. It's not looking good now, but the weights you handle are!

Out of curiousity, what are:

- lawnmowers
- glute kickbacks

I'm thinking since you're rowing lawnmowers must be these:
http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/Bac ... erRow.html

Not idea what a glute kickback is...

I'll watch your journal with interest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 8:34 am 

The glute kick back could either putting a velcro wrap around your ankle and attaching it to a machine like a cable cross over and just kicking back. Or theres a machine at my gym where you are leaning forward and you push back with one or two feet on the diagonal foot rest and it hits the glutes. I mainly see females using that one though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 5:44 pm 
Associate Member
Associate Member

Its really weird, I call the machine a torture device. its a press, but I've never seen it anywhere but at school. And I call it a torture device because your ass will feel like it was beat by a baseball bat the next day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 11:55 am 

haha very funny never had my ass beat with a baseball bat but I'll take your word for it! I'm actually training my gf now its cool im excited for her but its hard cause I actually cant take her to the gym since she has her own and I have to stay home and watch the kids. pain in the butt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 11:12 am 

Why did you do two sets of the 175? you probably could have done more than 2 reps with the 185.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 4:30 pm 
Associate Member
Associate Member

Mental block at 185, I am fighting that off, though I have another issue that I'm about to take a picture of.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 6:15 pm 

Ouch!

I'd suggest that you wear some sort of supporter on that while it heals. A sprain is a stretching/tearing of the ligaments, so they are now looser than normal. If you let them heal with constant/frequent stretching, they will heal longer and looser than they are supposed to be. The supporter needs to be something more than just a wrap, but something substantial enough to keep the foot from inverting/everting during healing. There are supporters that you can wear in a shoe fairly comfortably. And they help reduce pain quickly. You want to definitely avoid re-injuring them until they are completely healed. Then you will need to work on the strength of the muscles of both inversion and eversion to get strength back up, and to help prevent re-injury in the future.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 8:48 pm 

The ankle looks painful.

Time for a pullup day. I do these variations:

- pullup ladders up and down (1 rep, then 2, then 3, then 4...until you can't continue, then back down)

- "every minute on the minute" continuously running clock workouts doing either a set number (5 reps a minute, rest until the next minute mark is good) or a ladder (1 rep the first minute, 2 reps the second minute, etc. with a continuously running clock).

The first is brutal as the rep count gets higher as you continue. You can rest for whatever you need or a set time between sets, or do I-go-you-go with a partner. The second is also brutal because the work (reps per minute) is higher as fatigue sets in. You get almost a full minute of rest after the first rep, but get to set 10 or 11 or so and you'll get less rest before the next set.

Maybe you can do the same with pushups, but with a hurt ankle that might be hard. You can do planks with that foot up in the air, that's a nice challenge.