ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:29 am 
In Memoriam: TimD

Reality shows. I hate them. I hate their influence on society. Foreigers must tune in to this crap and think what a bunch of idiots we are to idolize these sluts/jerks. On the top of my list are
1. Paris Hilton looking for a new best friend. What a load of ____ (you fill in the blanks). Where else could a no talent idiot that is famous only for a sex tape draw all this attention.If this was twenty or more years ago, her parents would have disowned her, and she'd be nothing more than a laughing stock slut.
2. Flava Flave. This guy is a no talent, idiot, with what looks to me to be a bunch of washed up hookers coming after him and doing everything but the k-word sink on camera. I'll bet he's laughing all the way to the bank.
3. This new reality show on Fox. I wathed it one time, to see if they would actually put something like that on the air. The Moment of Truth. The gal admitted to cheating, and a bunch of ther stuff that blew the family away. I really hope Rupert is putting that stuff on with actors and trying to fool the public., because if that stuff is real, and ruining families, I can't see how they could get contestants.
The list goes on, it's too nuerous to focus on all of them. The one I actually do like is The Biggest Loser, because it's about doing good things, but I don't watch it because it focus' in on this drama crap at the weigh-ins. I would watch it if I could see what type of tactics Bob and Jillian were using, diets, etc. I know they're using circuits and crossfitt=ish type of workouts, but I'dreally like to see that part of it in full, and cut the drama, but that wouldn't attract viewers.
Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:47 am 

There is so many reality tv shows out there these days. Its poisonous to watch them. You watch them and you see this drama unfold and alot of the time it is fake/made up.

Flava flave couldn't give a S*** about those sluts. As long as he's being compensated he doesn't care. I saw an episode where he went on a date to an aquarium. he got the opportunity to be in a tank with sharks. His date went in that tank before he did. She didn't even think about it and he was scared s***less to go in there. Then he finally grew some nads & went in there. After he got in, he started saying "Yeah look flava flave is swimming with the sharks!" then got out after about 1 min because one of the sharks touched him. Yeah....real hardcore right.

Quote:
3. This new reality show on Fox. I wathed it one time, to see if they would actually put something like that on the air. The Moment of Truth. The gal admitted to cheating, and a bunch of ther stuff that blew the family away. I really hope Rupert is putting that stuff on with actors and trying to fool the public., because if that stuff is real, and ruining families, I can't see how they could get contestants.

Rupert could care less about destroying lives as long as he stays on top of Forbes 'Richest Man' list.

Quote:
1. Paris Hilton looking for a new best friend. What a load of ____ (you fill in the blanks). Where else could a no talent idiot that is famous only for a sex tape draw all this attention.If this was twenty or more years ago, her parents would have disowned her, and she'd be nothing more than a laughing stock slut.

Maybe there is something wrong with Paris & Britney Spears upstairs but I think they like to be retarded on camera. As long as they see their name in headlines they don't care. If they wern't making $$ doing that then they probably would be good little girls. Nope, they live in their own little fantasy land where they can bend over in a mini skirt w/ no panties on to pick up a dime and can make $$ off of that.

Quote:
The list goes on, it's too nuerous to focus on all of them. The one I actually do like is The Biggest Loser, because it's about doing good things, but I don't watch it because it focus' in on this drama crap at the weigh-ins. I would watch it if I could see what type of tactics Bob and Jillian were using, diets, etc. I know they're using circuits and crossfitt=ish type of workouts, but I'dreally like to see that part of it in full, and cut the drama, but that wouldn't attract viewers.

That show I think is alright except I think people can get the wrong massage from it. "I must be doing something wrong if I can't lose that much weight". I find it sad that 1/2 mill. people audition for the show. That shows that yeah it a popular show but also that these people have no self motivation to lose it themselves that they need some basically celebrity personal trainers to hold their hand through the process.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:54 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Yea, I agree, it's crap. I can't believe Paris got movies roles. Her acting is awful.

I do watch survivor though, but that's really an extreme game show rather than reality. Because people don't general live in the wilderness and compete in games for a million dollars.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:05 pm 
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

Cops is a good show. It's definitely a reality show, but not staged and/or heavily-edited like most reality shows (which could more accurately be described as unscripted television). Also, I have to admit I like Blind Date.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:46 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Cops is good. I was a big fan when it first came out. Now I'm not really a fan but I watch it if it's on. If you ever watched Cops, Reno 911 is really funny. A little off topic since it isn't reality, but it is a very good spoof of reality tv.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:58 pm 

I like the ads they run here on my local station for Reno 911. "If you like the nitty-gritty action of Police shows, this ain't one of them". I kind of like it.
Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:20 pm 

I just watched an episode of Biggest Loser. If you have seen the show, the trainers give weight loss tips just before going to commercials. The one I saw today was by Jillian this is how it went.

"Water is our best friend here at the ranch our contestants drink 62 oz a day of water, not only does water flush the lactic acid from the muscles which makes you sore after a workout, but drinking water is key to weightloss. Often times when you feel hungry your possibly dehydrated and all you need to do is drink some water so drink up and fill you up so you won't drink as much"

I just flipped s*** when I heard that. That myth of lactic acid and soreness should have been buried many years ago. But no, a influential celeb trainer decides to let that one live on. When you go for physical trainer liscense don't you learn anything about the I band, Z line, myosin, actin, & etc?

Theres no place I can really say anything about it at because on the official biggest loser forum all the super senstive moderators will delete my post and to say anything 'directly' to Jillian will cost me $$...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:19 am 

How about a new reality show, something like "Joe's Gym." Or Joe's Jym or Goe's Gym. Camera is running in the local sweat palace--follows the regulars around their workouts--they mumble, grunt and sweat a lot.

At least as exciting as a lot of what's on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:32 am 

Quote Ironmaiden
I just watched an episode of Biggest Loser. If you have seen the show, the trainers give weight loss tips just before going to commercials.
End quote
Yeah, I saw the show. One of the few episodes I've seen in full. I noticed an awull lot of indirect advertising. Bob was telling the guys how to eat a good breakfast (and was right on the money) but he was careful to mention by brandname, and then they showed the item. Also, the shots in the gym had 24 hour fitness flashed up continually.
What they're doing in terms of fat is phenomenal, I'll give them credit, because in actual time it's only been a little over 3 months and you have several men that have dropped ove 100 lbs, and that one Allie girl as done over 80 and is looking real hot right now,but to your earlier comment, Ironmaiden, for most people with jobs/school/kids, tha amount of fat loss is out of reach. Te show is inspirational, but the "real people" who can't do it full time such as the contestants might get discouraged. I'll give Allie and one of the guys that got booted of earlier credit though. They did a lot of that at home.
Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:49 am 

Quote:
Yeah, I saw the show. One of the few episodes I've seen in full. I noticed an awull lot of indirect advertising. Bob was telling the guys how to eat a good breakfast (and was right on the money) but he was careful to mention by brandname, and then they showed the item. Also, the shots in the gym had 24 hour fitness flashed up continually.
What they're doing in terms of fat is phenomenal, I'll give them credit, because in actual time it's only been a little over 3 months and you have several men that have dropped ove 100 lbs, and that one Allie girl as done over 80 and is looking real hot right now,but to your earlier comment, Ironmaiden, for most people with jobs/school/kids, tha amount of fat loss is out of reach. Te show is inspirational, but the "real people" who can't do it full time such as the contestants might get discouraged. I'll give Allie and one of the guys that got booted of earlier credit though. They did a lot of that at home.
Tim

I agree with 100% of that. The scene of them all getting out there 100 calorie packs of 'Orville Redenbacher' popcorn to eat while watching a movie. That was pure genius on their part of how that was set up. Well think about it, how else are they gonna pay for the show other than to have a million sponsors and why not have the trainers advertise their stuff. Who has more credentials, the "amazing" trainer recommending (advertising) the product or a cheesy commercial advertising the product? These sponsors are making a boat load on these little 100 calorie craze things or any other diet gimik, which I will admit arn't always bad.

I agree about allie, she actual has a femine looking physique unlike before with that fat blob look.

Honestly I would love to have the chance to go to a place like that. Not so much for the weightloss since I'm at a good bf % but to see what a good well rounded cardio/anerobic routine would be like.

What do you think was that 21 yo's downfall on the show for losing only 1 lb. Do you think it was a pigging out on the bits of food in the arena?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:25 pm 

I thought it was pretty funny, and well deserved to get him tossed. He's done an amazing job so far, so he and Mark aren't going to be posting big numbers anymore. Lets face it, a lb or 2 loss in a week's time after losing over 100 lbs is a good thing. I loved the fact that thetwo gals got 1st and 2md after the guys blantaly targeted them, and Danny was such a smug jerk in the arena, and glad he got nailed. I don't the the couple of bites he took hurt him all that bad, it was just the overall thing catching up to him.
Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:02 am 

Ironmaiden wrote
Honestly I would love to have the chance to go to a place like that. Not so much for the weightloss since I'm at a good bf % but to see what a good well rounded cardio/anerobic routine would be like
End quote

So would I. From the glimpses I've seen , it looks to be comparable to what coach had us doing for college wrestling. This was everyday except meet day.
Start, run a 3 mile coure on a logging trail. Get back to the gym. Warm up (as if we weren't allready)jumping jacks, calisthenics, then partner squats, handstand pushups and rope climbs. > Then on to bridging with partner sitting on chest doing siups on you. Finally, technique practice, then on to timed sparring. Finally, finish up with either sprints or timed burpees (minus the pushup part). Totalled about 3 hours. Twice a week he would take us into the weight room for some O type of lifting, but frankly, the parner squats, HSPU's and rope climbs were plenty. We all had no real problems with this. Kind of why I go a bit ballistic when I hear the "you can only work a bodypart once a week" kind of baloney. I can remember our heavyweight finishing the football season at around 270, and after a month or two of wrestling pratice, even w/ no weigh-in citeria, they were usuall down to 210-220.
Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:35 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

I hope Nick Hogan rots in hell.

I'm sorry. What I MEANT to say was . . .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:16 pm 

Did anyone know that dion sanders has a show with his daughter? What the hell is that all about!!!!! lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:43 pm 

On an unrelated note, I think it's funny how the Discovery Channel is now refering to many of their programs (Dirty Jobs, Ax Men, Deadliest Catch, etc.) as non-fiction television. It does make sense though, since there's a big difference between a documentary series, and an unscripted, highly edited and manipulated gameshow.