ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:25 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Using a journal
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:16 pm 
In Memoriam: TimD
In Memoriam: TimD

I have seen several posts recommending this site, by Stu and John, and the other Stu contacted me via PM. Using a journal on a PC is an easy way to go, even though Dinosaurs like me prefer a good old pen and pad of paper. Others might find this very useful.It's free, and in no way is in competition with this site, so I'm going to post the intro to it. I'm not necessarily endorsing it, but am making the site known so that you can check it out and evaluate it yourself. Stu and John seem to really lke it.

Gym Journal ...
What have you lifted lately?

GYM JOURNAL is a free online workout journal that allows you to store and analyze your weight lifting workouts, cardio activities, physique, and diet. With GYM JOURNAL, you can compare one workout to the next, as well as monitor your diet, and physique goals. You can sign up for free here.

http://www.gymjournal.com/

End Quote
Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:40 am 

I'd like to point out that the site author is now a memeber of exrx and is posting under the screen name "ellerbus".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:41 pm 

That is correct he uses ellerbus on both sites. Good stuff.

Post subject: Gym Journal
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:12 am 
former lurker

(If this info is elsewhere I apologize, but I've spent an hour looking this morning and need some info.)

OK, I admit I am new to fitness and am new to this site. After learning the machines, and going to the gym 6 days a week for 3 weeks I need something better to track my stuff on!

Using Google, I found ExRx looking for a Gym Journal. Under the Weight Training/Workout Logs heading I found a full body workout card. It's a 17kbd download, and appears to be perfect for me to use.

QUESTION: Where is the download (button/link)? When I tried to copy the sample page, it was protected. So how do I download this log?
Thanks for your help,
Joanna

Post subject: Re: Gym Journal
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:33 am 
Exalted Seer
Exalted Seer

Joanna wrote:
(If this info is elsewhere I apologize, but I've spent an hour looking this morning and need some info.)

OK, I admit I am new to fitness and am new to this site. After learning the machines, and going to the gym 6 days a week for 3 weeks I need something better to track my stuff on!

Using Google, I found ExRx looking for a Gym Journal. Under the Weight Training/Workout Logs heading I found a full body workout card. It's a 17kbd download, and appears to be perfect for me to use.

QUESTION: Where is the download (button/link)? When I tried to copy the sample page, it was protected. So how do I download this log?
Thanks for your help,
Joanna

TheFull Body Workout Card is an Excel (.xls) file. You need the Excel application on your computer in order to download it. You just click on it and the system will open a dialog box asking whether you want to open it or save it to disk. Choose save to disk.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:05 am 
n00b
n00b

Can someone tell me what "Order" means in the weight lifting journal? Is that where in your workout the exercise was? The default is 0 so that's where the confusion comes from.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]