ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:09 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:34 am 
Deific Wizard of Sagacity

I know TimD will find this interesting, and I think a number of other guys here would as well:

http://performancemenu.com/forum/showth ... 210&t=2560

Someone over on the Performance Menu forums has come up with a hybrid program combining gynmastics, ME lifting, metcon, and explosive lifting all together. He's done a lot of testing on it on himself, and explains the results and a couple different schedule templates.

It's also become a discussion of the benefits of a strength-emphasis workout teamed with short metcon sessions. It's a really interesting thread, so much so I finally stopped lurking there, registered and posted. I figured enough people here would want to see that I should post a link.

Hope that's helpful.

Peter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:05 am 

Pete, that's a great article. It's right in line with what I was saying to Bob yesterday. http://exrx.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=24012#24012

I've been considering the Combat Fitness Program that the Canadian Army is putting out for people that want to take their training beyond the minimum. It's based on Crossfit and is actually written by Greg Glassman. This article you link to presents a new perspective that will allow me to fine tune my program.

Thanks
Stu

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:27 am 
In Memoriam: TimD
In Memoriam: TimD

You bet I found this interesting. I'm working 12hour days now, 6 days week, and haven't had a ot of time to check out the PM like I used to (I love it BTW), and will let you guys comment on this. After that, it's going into the Good Enough To Keep Forum.
Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:46 pm 

Awesome. It's a really excellent post, and I realized it was right in line with what Bob was asking for as well. We've discussed Coach Rut's approach here too, and this is much like a variation of his ME + Metcon cycles, just with gymnastics and both slow and explosive lifts.

Like I said in that thread, I found that longer metcons and "chipper workouts" (once-through workouts with many different exercises done for reps) tended to eat into my MMA training time, my recovery capacity, and so on...but the shorter ones and lots of strength-based training helped my MMA, my recovery capacity, and my work capacity.

I'm happy people here are getting something out of it.

Peter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 7:38 am 

angelabrookss wrote:
What is this all about ? Can anyone please explain !
First go read the article that Peter linked. Then read the thread that Stu linked. Then re-read this thread, and it will all make sense.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]