ExRx.net

Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:02 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:22 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

I had just gotten this great workout and diet routine going, and I get sick! Bah! It's just a cold, but still very annoying. I feel like crap. I was making really good progress in little time too, with all the helpful advice I've gotten from the people on this board.

Oh well, hopefully I can get back into it next week. And hopefully I'll be able to get into that dress I need to get into next week as well. I realize this is a predominantly male board... but I wouldn't mind some sympathy despite the typically female problem of having to fit into clothes :green:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:58 pm 

When I'm sick, I always feel better after I lift. Can't help you with the sympathy thing, though. I just don't understand it. Most women are beautiful to me and a girl can be to skinny.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:25 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Oh yeah, girls can definitely be too skinny. The dress isn't really a problem, I just hate being sick and wanted to complain a little :green:

AND - I wanna work out. But it's not gonna happen this weekend, I have a fever and a head full of snot (sorry if that's too much info, haha!).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:21 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I can sympathize. After a bulk my cloths get kind of tight until I work off a couple pounds of fat.

I lift if I am kind of sick. I don't if it is really bad though.It would only make it worse it some cases. While in others it might make you feel better. I get sick very rarely though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:17 pm 

Well, since there aren't many ladies in the forum to sympathize with you, we'll have to do our best.

Yeah, I hate it when that happens. Almost into that new size 2, and you can't quite make it. Yeah.

Seriously, my problem is the opposite. All of my old clothes are big and baggy on me. My son left a bunch of clothes home when he went to college--his chest and arms had gotten too big for most of them--but they are all just a little small for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:49 pm 
n00b
n00b

I can symphathise with the being unwell part. I don't feel like doing much if I have a cold (and Mrs D has a bad one now - coming my way soon I expect).

And with the clothes part except I am losing weight - like 4 inches (10 cm)off the waist but nowhere else! So I am now a freak in the suit shops where I used to fit suits with a 8 - 10 inch chest/waist difference. Not any more...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 7:30 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

I only have one pair of pants that even fits me anymore. It's amazing trying to put on pants I used to wear and I can't even fit my legs down them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:37 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I gave all my fat cloths to the disabled vets. I just kept a couple things so I could show people how fat I used to be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:07 pm 
Apprentice
Apprentice

Dib wrote:
And with the clothes part except I am losing weight - like 4 inches (10 cm)off the waist but nowhere else!

Ah, I'm the opposite. The dress is now a perfect fit around my hips, the waist on the other hand... I guess I'll just have to not breathe on wednesday evening. :green:

I'm still sick by the way. Bah. There has got to be a limit to the amount of snot one person can produce in a day.