Exercise Prescription on the Net
It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:59 am 
Novice
Novice

Matt Z wrote:
Good call. I think kettlebells are better for conditioning then they are for serious strength training. Meanwhile, you might want to try performing complexes with it. Kettlebells work well for this type or training, since the exact poundage isn't critical.

I think my 64kg kettlebells work well for strength. You start throwing these babies around you soon get strong.... real strong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:57 am 
In Memoriam: TimD
In Memoriam: TimD

LOL, with 64 kg's I'd really have to agree with you, big time. If you're pressing one of those with one arm, you're doing pretty well. May I ask , how big are you? At my 170, at 5"8", I couldn't even come close. Two hand swing, yeah, I could get a few reps in, press, no.
Tim

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:08 am 

stuward wrote:
Every tool has it's use. Ironman had been ranting (rightly so) about trainers always trying to use the latest thing in some new manner to differentiate themselves from the pack. Here's the link to the video:
http://physicalstrategies.blogspot.com/ ... ebell.html
This really is pretty funny! I think it's pretty funny that this guy has a rack of kettlebells next to the fireplace in his livingroom. He's either single, or has a unique wife!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:03 pm 
former lurker

its too bad that the people that have written thus far arent very fond of them... I LOVE them!! The only thing they dont give you is max strength.

But it terms of conditioning, strength (endurance) and depending on how you do it... bulking up... it is a phenomenal tool. Some people shy away from it because it is difficult, but will you ever reach new heights if you dont push yourself?

in terms of the pain, and the kettlebell "landing" on the wrists... its because your technique isnt there.. kettlebell is very specific, but when it gets done properly, and using max exertion on every rep... it sure as hell is rewarding!

E